Sales SpecialistSales | Any Location - Ohio, United States
We’re Hiring for a Sales Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
Xylem Analytics is a leading provider of premium laboratory analytical instrumentation for environmental, food and beverage, chemical, and pharmaceutical markets. The successful candidate will have a passion for matching products and services with Customer needs to improve throughput and lower costs. The selected candidate will represent the Xylem Analytics Laboratory Segment in the assigned territory by applying knowledge of products, pricing plans, competition, marketing objectives and sales skills, while providing feedback to the Company concerning market trends, competitive information, and new opportunities for existing/new products.
THE ROLE: The Sales Specialist will be responsible for representing the Gerhardt product line including discovering and developing high revenue opportunities through new and existing business, as well as attending customer visits to provide product presentations and coordinate demonstrations. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- To represent the Gerhardt product line to include customer visits with or without Xylem Analytics sales representatives to provide product presentations and coordinate demonstrations.
- Securing orders from existing and potential customers by visiting client facilities and communicating by phone/email.
- Discovering and developing high revenue opportunities through new and existing business.
- Identifying emerging market opportunities.
- Charting and implementing short and long-term performance objectives.
- Coordinating with various departments, supervisors and support to achieve performance objectives.
- Directing client application requests and timeline constraints.
- Participating and networking in industry associations.
- Collaborating with regional counterparts and fostering a team environment.
- Establishing and maintaining key client relationships.
- Performing equipment demonstrations as needed.
- Assessing competitive risks and highlighting product strengths.
- Administrative work including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining client information in company CRM (Salesforce)
- Managing and filing business expense reports in a complete and timely manner
- Preparing business plans for the coverage of territory
- Submitting weekly/monthly activity/call reports
- Tracking monthly forecasts accurately- projecting current and future business.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related science.
- Minimum five (5) years-analytical equipment experience and/or equivalent Sales experience.
- Must be well organized and highly motivated.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple sales opportunities and tasks.
- Must possess reasoning ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- General knowledge or experience with wet chemistry and organic chemistry (preferred)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the sales process (preferred)
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the sales specialist will be supporting customers from coast to coast, so the ability to work a flexible schedule will be important. The working environment is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne fumes and particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. Noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate but may occasionally be excessive. The physical demands may include but not limited to occasionally lifting and or moving up to 50 lbs. In addition, this role may travel up to 50% overnight and therefore a valid driver’s license and good driving record, plus a US Passport is required.
The estimated salary range for this position is $75,000 to $90,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.