Technical Customer Support RepresentativeSales | Morton Grove, IL, United States
The Technical Customer Service Representative will be responsible liaising with customers, editing and managing customer orders, coordinating inquiries with internal departments, as well as providing general assistance to the Customer Service Supervisor and Manager. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Receives order input and ascertains product specification, clarifies customer order language condensing where possible and verifies product construction. Refers special product orders to proper department for pricing and special construction details.
- Edits customer orders and assigns codes for statistical tabulation and commodity identification. Defines method of shipment, tag information and product pricing.
- Performs on-line entry of customer orders for standard product in LN OE system. Enters orders via LN, eLogia and ESP-REP for Domestic and all other BTO and engineered-to-order product.
- Communicates with customers through verbal, written and personal contact concerning delivery issues and complaints such as material shortages, incorrect shipments, lost material, incorrect pricing and product availability. Interfaces with necessary departments to effect solutions.
- Maintains on-line customer information and customer order database including addresses, ship dates, product, quantity, price, routing, tagging, order additions and cancellations.
- Generates inter-departmental inquiries regarding availability of delinquent BTO product and requests to expedite product.
- Evaluates stock product availability by analyzing customer backlog status with respect to acknowledged shipping schedules, commodity in stock and stock out positions.
- Other duties as assigned by Customer Service Supervisor or Manager
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience in a technical product line, B2B preferred
- Two (2) years of college or technical schooling or five (5) years’ experience in a technical position.
- Demonstrated customer advocacy skills
- Technical aptitude & solid math skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment welcoming change and growth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience working with CRM system (Siebel, Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics) a plus
- Proficiency in second language a plus
- A strong commitment to working with a team, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining
professionalism is required
- Ability to process a high volume of transactions with proficiency, accuracy and integrity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen, organizational, time management skills and attention to detail required
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.