Pipeline ExpertEngineering | Madrid, Spain, Spain
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 20.000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
The Structural Engineer is primarily accountable to interpret structural calculations, performing pipeline forensics, and applying asset management principles to help clients proactively manage their pipeline infrastructure. This candidate will demonstrate sound engineering principles to make complex judgments with the goal of maximizing pipeline lifespans while minimizing pipeline failures.
- Completes pipeline forensic work as part of pipe failure investigations, and interventions from different inspection methods (i.e. wall loss, wire breaks, leakage, and gas pockets) for water and wastewater and wastewater pipelines.
- Analyzes multiple data points to create and turn an inspection or series of inspections into meaningful pipeline management plans
- Subject matter expert in characteristics of different pipeline materials, including their failure mode and available rehabilitation methods
- Accountable for interpreting a variety of pipeline calculations, including but not limited to pipe loading, design checks and hydraulics/surge analysis
- Prepare and present condition assessment case studies in industry forums while representing Xylem
- Trains and mentors other delivery staff on structural engineering principles
- Masters in Civil/ Mechanical/ Structural Engineering preferred; PhD a plus
- 5 or more years’ engineering experience.
- Demonstrate confidence when speaking with senior leaders and clients; can engage in technical discussions with an open mind and can be persuasive and influential when needed
- Fluent in English and a 2nd European Language(French, Spanish,or Italian preferred)
- Valid EU work authorization
- Availability to travel 25% in Europe
- Knowledge of industry standards (AWWA, EN, ISO, etc.) to assess the design of pipeline a plus
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) of buried pipelines under different loading conditions preferred
LOCATION: preferable Madrid
CONTRACT: PERMANENT, full time
TRAVEL: 25% of the time in Europe
SMART WORKING: yes, 3 days per week
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.