Technical Assistant - EngineeringEngineering | Harlow, Essex, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
This role assists with the monthly reporting for the UK Sales unit with responsibility for preparing and maintaining financial data and assisting the day-to-day accounting activities in accordance with the organization’s accounting policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include providing engineering services for Customer Applications, solving complex development, manufacturing and technical problems. and further responsible for the implementation of special and/or design engineering projects. The role will provide technical support to the Applications, Sustaining, Design, Manufacturing, Complianace and Customer Service teams. Creating, maintaining and organising documentation required for Customer Application and design projects, product manufacturing and supporting implementation of Technical documentation.
Role will encompass a wide range of (cross-discipline) engineering, manufacturing, quality and application problem resolutions, and using frequent application of engineering standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. . Must conduct work in a safe and careful manner, and maintain a clean and organised work area.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Investigation, analysis and solving of technical problems encountered by customers, engineering services, quality control, marketing and procurement
- Provides engineering support to Compliance team relating to Agency requirements (UL, NSF, CE, RoHS, CSA, IAPMO, ABYC, etc), and participates in product safety reviews.
- Provides guidance for test methods and procedures to simulate real product application and system conditions for verification testing.
- Produces professional reports to document and communicate the findings of investigations and testing with internal and external parties.
- Preparation of documents to support engineering changes and release through PDLM system.
- Supporting with tooling modifications and implements new tooling as necessary for the creation of product extensions and new products
- Provide technical expertise at customer visits.
- Review and support the introduction of new product designs ensuring manufacturability. Interacts with design teams to determine the qualification and manufacturability of new technologies. Helps development teams prepare deliverables for Gate Review meetings.
- Provides engineering support to reduce product and manufacturing costs (VAVE).
- Participates in Material Review Board meetings and determine use of non-conforming parts.
- Uses computer packages for engineering calculations, CAD designs, drawing (CREO, Windchill) CAE tools (FEA, etc) and MS Office products.
- Prepares and provides technical data to other functions for utilisation in support activities.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact on contracts, projects or products.
- Performs special assignments as requested and may be required to perform other assignments which are normally related to the work of higher or lower engineering classifications.
- Keeps abreast of the state-of-the-art by reading technical journals and publications.
(Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
- Adaptive learning
- Innovative thinking
- Continuous improvement mindset
- NDP Methodology
- Cross-boundary/cross cultural communication
- Planning & process orientation
- Solution design
- Time management
- A Calm professional manner
- System thinking
- Customer solution orientation
- Technical-problem solving
- Must have a developed knowledge and understanding of engineering standards, principles and theories to complete engineering tasks assigned.
- Ability to explain the technology applications and benefits to a general audience.
- Has a strong knowledge and experience with rotating machinery, valves, electro mechanical products and their applications.
- External: Interacts with external customers at all levels. Acts as a representative of the company as a technical contact to multiple departments and site locations across the company
- Internal: Interacts with all internal cross functions, Manufacturing, Quality, Product Management, Sales
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Ideally degree/HND/HNC qualified plus experience in mechanical design.
- Ability to set prioities and deal with multiple issues
- A fluent understanding of mechanical and/or electrical design and product testing.
- Relevent 3D CAD experience. PTC products CREO and Windchill preferred
- Practical experience in rotating machinery or valve design, utilizing an array of drive systems and fault finding principles
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin colour, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.
Feel free to visit us at www.xylem.com
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Recruiter Kelsie Hill - firstname.lastname@example.org