Shop Diesel Technician - $2,500 sign-on bonus.Operations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
We’re Hiring for a Service Shop Technician - $2,500 sign-on bonus.
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Service Shop Technician will be responsible for service, repair, and maintenance of Xylem equipment in a safe and efficient manner at a Xylem Service Center. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO), health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits. Xylem will provide paid training for CDL upgrades (if applicable).
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and servicing as directed on Xylem equipment between each rental. Diagnose and report any damage to the Service Manager.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list for assigned Xylem equipment. Review list of parts with Service Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance on Company vehicles and shop support equipment as directed (air dryer, chain saws, lifts, etc.).
- Assist customer and/or Xylem personnel with setting up pumping systems on customer job sites as needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies, and best practices.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to diagnose common mechanical and electrical issues
- Experience with diesel engine repairs
- Basic knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques to repair and maintain equipment
- Basic knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing skills
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and managers both verbally and in writing
Education and or/Experience:
- Two to three years of experience and/or training or combination of education, training, and experience.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is subject to exposure to all weather conditions, intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes within limits of OSHA standards, and exposure to machinery with moving parts. The physical demands may include but not limited to prolonged standing on concrete floors, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, bending and stooping. In addition, this role may require extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime, and on-call rotations).
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.