Leak Detection TechnicianOperations | Southwest, US, United States
We’re Hiring a Leak Detection Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Leak Detection Technician will provide external leak detection or related services to identify and locate leaks on pressurized pipe systems. This position requires someone who is great with technology/mechanics, can problem solve, and self-motivated. This position allows for career growth and development of extensive knowledge of current company technologies. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Consistently applies appropriate procedures and processes with minimal direction from others.
- Operates and maintains leak detection technology and equipment onsite to proactively and reactively identify leak locations.
- Prepares basic documentation and tools/equipment for mobilization to project sites.
- Identifies safety hazards and applies safe working practices to self and peers; keeps job site clean.
- Actively participates and may lead onsite safety and planning meetings to review safety risks and areas of concern based on planning documentation and onsite observations.
- Identifies and troubleshoots simple technical issues, with support of qualified technicians.
- Empowered to raise observations/concerns and recognition to immediate team and leadership as required.
- Focused on continuous improvement by consistently looking for ways to improve and promote quality, efficacy, and safety.
- Complete daily timesheets and expense reports as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma/GED with up to 3 years previous experience in the field of external leak detection.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and DOT Medical Card; must have a reasonable driver’s record.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; must be able to understand technical operating procedures, ask questions, and share observations (primary langue in workplace environment is English)
- Proven technical/mechanical aptitude through previous work experience/education.
- Proven ability to be well organized and punctual.
- Dedicated team player committed to the safe and successful operations for everyone involved.
- Availability to work overtime, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and understand utility maps and plans to translate to the field.
- Proven ability to complete assigned work in a timely manner with quality results
- Must have a valid driver’s license and DOT Medical Card; must have a reasonable driver’s record
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Experience working directly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Mechanically inclined
DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Be able to stand and/or walk on feet for a prolonged amount of time
- May need to bend, lift, carry, and stretch to perform duties
- Continually required to use hands and fingers and reach with arms.
- Frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work requires the ability to work outdoors in various weather, traffic, and environmental conditions.
- Up to 75% Travel
Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours.
Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.