Cycle Count AuditorOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring for a Cycle Count Auditor!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Cycle Count Auditor is responsible for conducting cycle counts to validate the accuracy of Xylem's raw and finished goods inventories, pre-production, and post-production processes against Xylems financial records. In this role, the auditor will operate a unique piece of equipment to access material within inventory racks and floor locations and conduct audits to be analyzed by the Inventory analyst team for correctness. Audits are performed using a handheld scanner connected to Xylem's ERP system.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Accurately determine items in racks and floor locations pre and/or post-production
- Meticulously scrutinize inventory to ensure all items and quantities are accounted for
- Use highly sensitive scales for smaller items to ensure accurate weight counts for small bulk items
- Key/scan relevant data using a handheld scanner
- Verify critical information such as lot codes, unit of measures, inventory dates, etc., are accurate to Xylems system of record
- Operate a unique piece of equipment to gain access to inventory in elevated locations abiding by Xylem safety protocols and PPE requirements.
- Direct report to Inventory Manager
- Associates degree in a related field and/or proven job experience in a manufacturing/production/distribution environment utilizing identified core skills monitored by the Inventory Analyst Team
- Advanced mathematical skills
- Command of lot code/date code and unit of measure inventory
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision while meeting established targets with related reporting.
- 100% in a warehouse environment
- Operate the powered industrial vehicle(s) unique to this position
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Must be comfortable working at elevated heights
- Comply with all Xylem PPE requirements such as safety glasses, Hi-Viz vest, safety toe shoes
The estimated salary range for this position is 50,000 to $80,000. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.