Yard Technician / General LabourerOperations | Toronto, ON, Canada
We’re Hiring for a Yard Technician (Material Handler)!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Yard Technician’s role will also maintain a clean and orderly work site environment to enable safe and efficient movement of workers and motorized equipment. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Wash/Clean equipment.
- Organize equipment in the yard.
- Maintain clean physical facilities.
- Help loading and unloading equipment.
- Check equipment for damage upon return, report damage and fill out service tags for all returned equipment.
- Always willing to offer a helping hand with your co-workers.
- Deliver small equipment and tools.
- Follow safety protocols by maintaining a ‘Safety First’ approach and ensure compliance with all PPE
- Some duties are location/site specific and additional duties may be required based on the business needs
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school or general equivalency degree
- One to two years’ experience in the construction industry preferred
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Experience operating forklifts or other construction equipment is an asset.
- Self-starter, very customer-service oriented and works well in a team environment.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Comfortable with computers.
- Must be able to lift up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
This role is subjected to multiple environments such as office/warehouse environment, which includes florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise. It is also subjected to a shop/field environment which includes occasional work around pipes, vales, electrical equipment and operating machinery such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities, construction sites, water and wastewater treatment plants. The physical demands may include but not limited to lift/ transport up to 50 pounds, regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms,
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
We foster a positive, equitable and progressive workforce and are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. If you require any accommodation during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources, Christy Walsh at Christy.Walsh@xylem.com.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.