System Integrator Engineer (Water technology)Sales | Lainate, Italy, Italy
SYSTEM INTEGRATOR ENGINEER FULL REMOTE
Overview of Xylem:
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 17000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
We are looking for a skilled software engineer with a solid experience base in full-stack OT specialist with skills to work with everything from devices to databases. This position will have a solid understanding of digital integration and data management in especially in clean water systems (but even wastewater and treatment management), applying this to help clients and prospects solve water thru solution offerings and programs, and achieving ambitious growth in funnel, orders and revenue for Xylem.
- Identifies key strategies by customer, and to help craft bespoke HW/SW solutions to help customers achieve their desired targets.
- Working with Business Development team, consult with existing customers and new prospects to identify solution needs, explore potential solution offerings and implement offering plans.
- Presenting the project progress to the decision makers (board) in outline and to technicians down to the last detail.
- Helps develop technical solutions, write proposals and develop accurate cost budgets.
- Prepares and deliver technical presentations to potential clients.
- Works with the very latest technology and is not afraid to take a different approach to solving technical problems and can quickly change direction as the business environment moves.
- Participates in the development process from definition to implementation.
- Analyzes the needs of the customer or end users and draw up specifications for the functionality and user-friendliness of software.
- Sets specifications, designs data, component and object models and describes computer languages and interfaces.
- He/She supports software commissioning and possibly supports with the training
- Identifies bottlenecks, draws up improvement proposals and coordinates these with those involved.
- Gains the customer's trust by listening, being responsive to customer requests and issues, and demonstrating commitment to the customer’s success.
- Realizing and organizing Technical Seminars.
- Obtaining sufficient information about the program / feature so that you can deploy your knowledge, innovation and planning capacity in optimal customer contact.
- Advises and instructs internal and external clients about (complex) products, applications and takes care of the product release.
- Improves sales results by finding a good solution for the customer and providing good explanations and support, even implementing countermeasures when execution deviates from plan.
- Makes presentations for Outside Sales or present these to the client themselves.
- Provides (technical) support to Outside Sales for quotations based on simple or complex specifications and for simple or complex central systems.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge across hardware and software technical fields as well as in relevant industry segments to keep up-to-date sales and technical professional knowledge.
- Internal: Local CT, DIS, WTW, Sensus, Pure, Sanitaire, Product Team, CSA, M&C
- External: Customers, Commercial Partners
- Bachelor or Master degree; technical / information technology
- + 5 years of experience in software design and product development
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM) development processes
- Knowledge of and experience with various programming languages and frameworks including C /C++ / Qt/ Java
- Knowledge of and experience with databases, software and technological developments, PLC technology, telemetric applications, cloud-based enterprise IT systems, industrial edge gateways, programmable controllers, SCADA systems and smart devices
- Experience with complex systems, real-time systems, design and implementation of platform infrastructure.
- Experience in designing and developing communication and/or network solutions
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of industrial communication’s protocols (e.g. OPC-UA, OPC-DA, IEC 60870-104, MODBUS TCP);
- Good understanding of IOT protocols (e.g. MQTT) and industrial wireless data connection (LoRa, NbIoT, WMBus);
- Fluent in English and Italian, spoken and written.
- PLC platform knowledge and/or automation in general
- CyberSecurity experience (standard IEC62443)
- experience with Server interface APIs (REST API type);
- knowledge of electrical type protocols (IEC61850);
- experience with IOT platforms (Node-Red type);
- knowledge of process instrumentation (such as flow, pressure, temperature, level meters);
- preferable experience with remote control systems in SII.
LOCATION: NORTH OF ITALY FULLY REMOTE
TRAVEL Requirement: up to 50%
CONTRACT: Permanent full time