Site Estimating Engineer - NorthSales | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
In this role you will be responsible for identifying and working with our sales teams by visiting customer sites to scope the work and produce site specific quotations. The role will include transferring successful quotations to the Service & Rental team for delivery. All produced quotations are to be completed in accordance with customer contractual requirements and Xylem KPI’s, meeting Northeast and Northwest Service’ expectations and maximizing revenue opportunities.
- Market = Industry & Infrastructure (End user focused)
- Regions = Northeast – North West regions
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Identify customer requirements from customer enquiry.
- Arrange and attend site, observing site ESH regulations.
- Carry out full site scope/survey recording all required conditions and information to produce quotations.
- Work closely with the procurement department, engage with 3rd party suppliers to obtain the best prices.
- Produce repeatable quality quotations, which include pricing of all customer requirements such as product labour, documentation, CAD, manuals, and certification.
- Ensure that all correct documentation is provided with customers quotations.
- Adhere to Xylem pricing and commercial policies.
- Liaise with the technical teams to ensure that correct parts are being identified for customers.
- Liaise with customers as and when required if there are any delays to the quote or the customer has any questions/queries
- Complete transfer of approved successful quotations to the regional Service team for full delivery
- Utilise Xylem data by reviewing engineer reports, customer service history and correspondence.
- Always maintain accurate customer details and save all customer information on our inhouse system (Salesforce)
- Meet personal targets and development goals whilst contributing to team and department target.
- The post-holder must comply with the Company’s Policies and Procedures and Code of Conduct
- Identifying issues to drive performance and continuous improvement
- To undertake additional duties as required including support of other service regions for scoping and quoting engineers
- Support the sales teams in the tender to order process
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must have experience and qualified in site work within the Services sector.
- Mechanical/Electrical pumping experience
- Experience in pumping control solutions and monitoring (Digital)
- Good written and verbal skills are essential together with commercial awareness and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Computer literate
- A technical background
- Certified for site access to carry out scope and quote functions.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin color, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.