Service SupervisorOperations | Sydney, Australia, Australia
Could you help us solve water?
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving the world's most critical water challenges. We are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training, development and a safety culture.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Service Supervisor, to join the team at our new state of the art Sydney branch based at Kemps Creek.
You will be responsible for the supervision and training of the service team. The ideal candidate will enjoy taking a “hands on” approach whilst providing strong leadership, direction, motivation, and support to the team in meeting the needs of our customers.
- Provide and promote a safe working environment ensuring EHS policies and procedures are adhere to at all time
- Maintain a high performing team culture that produces quality services to our customers
- Achieve Sales and Gross profit budgets for the department
- Supports and assists the sales team to increase new sales for service, by providing technical support and contribute to development of business opportunities
- Organise and coordinator onsite services and emergency works
- Identify cost saving opportunities without jeopardizing quality and safety.
- Maintain, manage and action weekly/monthly scheduling
- Effectively manage the service team to achieve optimum productivity levels
- Provide technical support and advice to both customers and service team
- Ensures the Rental fleet is serviced, well maintained and quick to respond to customer needs
- Communicate undue delays resulting from spare parts shortages with customers
- Facilitates weekly toolbox talks with the service team
- Maintain and ensure all service equipment and tools are maintained in line with the relevant standards.
Skills and experience required
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory role
- Mechanical trade qualification
- Experience with electric motor (highly desirable)
- Experience within the pump industry (highly desirable)
- Strong people management skills and customer focused
- Strong working knowledge of/commitment to OH&S
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
What you’ll get in return
- Opportunity to grow your career with a global, industry leader
- Approachable management that highly value your input and experience
- Base salary + super and quarterly bonus
- Additional company Superannuation contribution
- Subsidised Health Insurance through Medibank
- Subsidised Gym membership (50% reimbursement p.a)
If you meet the criteria above and are keen to join us on our journey to solve water, apply now!