Senior Engineer – Electronics Hardware Engineering.Engineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Expert in Digital hardware designs on various controller platforms like FreeScale / TI / ST etc., & Analog hardware designs.
- Expert in Power Supply – SMPS designs, Converters/Inverters, Magnetics, Power Components, Sensing
- Expert in Communication Hardware / Firmware designs on various physical layers – Wired and Wireless like RS485 / CAN / BlueTooth / Wi-Fi / NFC etc.
- Experience in FW designs with C/C++ language
- Expert in using the tools like PADS/Altium/ Keil / IAR etc.
- Familiarity with Instrumentation and measurement of power converters
- Knowledge of requirement management and Application life cycle tools.
- Component selection and Schematic design & Simulation
- Knowledge of IDE like MPLABX, Keil
- Firmware debugging (manual & auto)
- Knowledge of RTOS can be useful.
- Expert in designing the PCBs using Altium Designer software. Knows the in/out of Altium Designer tool and is able to write customized scripts on the same (for ex. BoM generation), rules, library management and vault.
- Extensive experience utilizing a CAD library and library management
- Expert in layout of high speed, low noise and high voltage / high current, multi-layered PCBs
- Experience with designing to meet EMC and safety requirements.
- Ensuring error-free release of Gerber’s, BOM, and fabrication/assembly drawings
- Generate and maintain PCB specifications and ensure that PCB design packages include proper notes for fabrication and assembly.
- Work with outside vendors for fabrication and assembly to establish and follow PCB design rules for DFM and DFA.
- Conversion of Schematics to PCB layout, including component symbol and footprint generation and library management
- Solid understanding of Layout techniques for EMI/EMC, Signal Integrity, crosstalk validation, Layout Designing, DRC Definition, High Speed board designing, PCB stack up finalization
- Solid understanding of PCB manufacturing processes and of PCB materials
- Working with mechanical engineers to determine PCB size and other constraints
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Perform technical feasibility study and electronic architecture design and integration Model, simulate, analyze the sub systems to evaluate product and design concepts Design and develop Micro-Controller / DSP based control boards for Variable Frequency Drives, Water Sensing, and Water Cut-Off type of applications. Design, selection, specification, and validation of critical hardware components – Microcontrollers, Memories, Communication Interfaces etc. Performs board design from system level requirements and test including requirements analysis and documentation, circuit design digital electronics, Schematic capture, verification and testing of boards. Design and develop Firmware drivers in C, C++ Participate in FMEA and risk assessment activities Assist OEM’s and end users in the implementation of their specific software requirements Interface as needed with product management, customers, marketing & sales in providing technical guidance on products developed. Keep well informed of new features and products/services. Be proactive in understanding product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or self-training. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
(Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.) (Bullets)
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree / 4 + 2-Year Master’s degree in Electronics & Communication
- 5-10 Years of Electronics product development domain
- Use of recognized best practices in Hardware/firmware/software development methodologies and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent curricula
- Excellent Communication skills with strong English both written and spoken