Sales RepresentativeSales | Orlando, FL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: The Sales Representative is responsible for maximizing the financial performance of their territory by expanding the sales of Xylem’s industry leading Flygt brand solutions and services. This a remote role that can be based out of the Orlando market. Utilizing strong technical and product knowledge, this team player will solve customers’ fluid handling opportunities and increase company business through the development of Flygt pumping systems and solutions and aftermarket sales and services in the wastewater treatment plant and collections markets which we serve.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maximize financial performance of the region by expanding the sales of Xylem’s industry leading Flygt brand solutions and services.
- Grow the sales volume of territory accounts in compliance with all company policies, instructions and directives. This includes aggressively soliciting orders by developing construction marketing data leads, answering incoming requests for quotation, cold calling, and all other means possible.
- Apply application technologies to drive specifications, and to provide useful and practical pumps, services and solutions to customers, while seeking new uses for company products.
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to drive bid reporting services and lead management in addition to build company image to drive new opportunities and brand recognition within the territory.
- Grow and maintain an effective sales pipeline utilizing SalesForce.com.
- Identify, develop and implement local marketing strategies to expand penetration of Xylem’s products in assigned business.
- Build consultative relationships with municipal end users, consultant engineering firms, and utility contractors to position Flygt solutions to solve customer’s issues and win more projects for Xylem.
- Create synergy opportunities for cross-business consultative selling based on an understanding and awareness of the Xylem solution set.
- Be alert to competitive products and practices and keep management informed of market conditions, competitive scope and approach and any trends in the market place.
- Prepare and assist with various sales reports. This includes bids, proposals, quotes, sales forecasts, expense reports, and SFDC engagement and utilization. Also submit any special reports to create white papers, showcase wins, acceptance of products, or other data as may be required.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, sales blitzes, committee activities, conventions and trade shows as directed. Participate in other worthwhile community activities as public relations asset to the company.
- Keep abreast of and review/analyze online bid services such as Dodge Room, Contractors Exchange Research, and State Revolving Fund IUP reports to maintain awareness of funding and public bid opportunities
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical experience and degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ sales or sales related experience (pump or process industry preferred).
- General knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulic, pneumatics, water flow, electric motors in related field of pumps, pumping systems, or construction preferred.
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is strongly preferred.
- Ability to present product education seminars to municipal end users and consultant engineers to drive specification of Flygt Equipment is a must.
- Knowledge of consultative/value based selling to municipal end users, consultant engineers and utility contractors
- Effective organizational and communication skills (written/verbal).
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Proven presentation and communication skills including face-to face interaction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development– To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards– We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks– Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to safely and effectively operate a company vehicle for extended periods of time throughout cities, job sites, major highways and interstates (including tunnels and bridges) and in all weather conditions
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to lift 70+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Job Site: Regular exposure to job site conditions and hazards; e.g. petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc.
- Shop: Regular exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and job site noise.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40+
- Travel requirement: 50%+ or as required
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.