QA EngineerOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
We’re Hiring for a Quality Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring product, process, and regulatory compliance and support to YSI in implementing policies and achievement of organizational goals. The Quality Engineer will actively identify improvement opportunities with the intent to identify/reduce defects, while working directly with New Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Customer Service, Tech Support, Repair Service, and production personnel to support the RCCA process. The QE supports opportunities to create a quality competitive advantage for YSI and its customers. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Support the goals of the Quality Department to ensure Quality and Operational goals/objectives are met.
- Maintain certifications to relevant ISO standards.
- Execute projects utilizing cross-functional teams to standardize and implement efficient processes and procedures with a significant focus on defect reduction.
- Facilities process-mapping with identification of control points and KPIs to ensure stability.
- Develop key process measures to determine process effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Represent QA Department at cross-functional meetings.
- Conduct internal and supplier audits including QMS, manufacturing processes, and product compliance.
- Review product/processes and associated build documentation to validate product/build conformity and make recommendations, as well as execute changes to improve product quality, yields and reduce escapes.
- Supports development of and maintains quality system procedures, work instructions, training, and other quality related documentation.
- Process audits of manufacturing methods including verification and validation.
- Perform and provide guidance to production personnel for process capability studies.
- Execute studies to identify trends and quality improvement of processes and products.
- Design and execute test plans for new product verification and validation.
- Performance of root-cause activities to identify corrective/preventative actions along with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Verifies effectiveness of corrective and preventative actions.
- Execution of duties in accordance with YSI’s Quality Management System.
- Support of manufacturing activities to ensure compliance with product specifications and customer expectations.
- Providing any needed assistance required by customer/technical support teams to quickly identify and resolve product issues in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Design and Process FMEA.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, new product development, engineering and quality systems is required.
- Able to influence others without having direct authority.
- Demonstrable proficiency in basic electronic engineering principles and application thereof.
- Successful completion of formal coursework involving statistical analysis.
- Demonstrable manufacturing experience with ISO-9001 or equivalent quality management system.
- CQE or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project, Visio.
- Experience with Minitab or other data analysis tools.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: noise, fumes, dust, and high voltage electric current. Some duties are performed outdoors and may involve exposure to inclement weather conditions. Physical requirements include good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift, and carry up to 25 pounds.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.