Floater 4Operations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Floater. This position is cross-functional, not assigned to a specific focused factory. Will provide, but not limited to, personal relief, breaks, lunches, vacations, leaves of absence, daily call-ins and to provide staffing for peak workload.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Spray paints various products and attaches nameplate. Packs and crates a variety of products.
- Assembles, tests, paints and crates for stock and shipment various pumps and pump components. Assembles sub-assemblies, trims and balances impellers for various size pumps. Paints, packs and crates final assemblies, sub-assemblies, parts and motors for stock and shipment.
- Performs complete dimensional, electrical and visual inspection of samples or tools including tests such as hardness, resistance and chemical.
- Plans and fits the pump assembly and connects required instrumentation into the piping system for performance test. Performs test, reviews results, and notifies product engineering of the results.
- Assemble and test various large pumps and valves, such as but not limited to, triple duty valves, balance valves, suction diffusers, and split case pumps.
- Assembles various components such as pumps, motors, receivers, panel boxes, etc. to produce Domestic units. Performs final test on Domestic units. Assembles, tests, spray paints and packs Watchman units.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must read and interpret blueprints
- Must read, write and speak English
- Must have knowledge of shop mathematics
- Must pass qualification test
- Minimum five (5) years seniority within the facility
- One to two years related assembly experience
- Computers in a working environment
- Industrial spray painting
- Measuring instruments
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds occasionally; 10 to 20 pounds frequently; and/or up to 10 pounds constantly. Stoop, crouch, kneel, reach for and handle items, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers and use the fingertips to perceive attributes of objects such as size, shape and surface finish.
- Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: exposure to extremes of heat and cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dust, and chemicals including cleaning solvents and paints; working on or around equipment with moving parts including forklift trucks and high voltage electric current. Appropriate PPE must be worn.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Percent of Travel required
Does this role serve as country or regional leader for Xylem or as lead Finance controller for a region or location? If so, please have the Chief Compliance Officer or Chief Auditor for Finance Controller roles interview the final candidate(s).