Engineer / Senior Engineer Supplier Quality (Turkey)Operations | Cayirova, Turkey, Turkey
Engineer/Sr.Engineer - Supplier Quality
Xylem Global Procumbent-Türkiye
DGM - Supplier Quality
Part 1.Describe the Position
The Supplier Quality Engineer shall participate in Xylem Global Procurement sourcing processes and assume ongoing responsibilities for supplier quality management and continuous improvement.
- Foster the relationship of the supplier and Xylem manufacturing sites through supplier engagement of their business activities
- Deploy quality system audits and manufacturing process control assessments of the assigned suppliers by utilizing a structured review methodology.
- Support sourcing transition projects. The activities include but not limited to:
- Being delegated to implement supplier quality assessment for new suppliers
- Supporting on improving activities to ensure the assigned suppliers have capable quality systems to meet quality level commitments to Xylem.
- Participating project technical reviews
- Solving quality/technical issues to ensure the transition to be achieved per the determined schedule.
- Utilize quality tools to lead continuous improving activities on quality and delivery. Tools include but not limited to:
- （Root Cause Analysis）8D report
- Perform onsite inspection to ensure conformance prior to shipment as required.
- Pilot run
- Mass production
- Organize or directly undertake supplier training. Training programs include but not limited to:
- Xylem requirements
- Quality tools
- Industrial standards
- Quality Management system knowledge and quality audit skills.
- Support GCs to settle difficulties in the areas of delivery, quality, capacity and technique per request.
- Follow and obey rules in COC and Personal Handbook
- Other jobs assigned by leaders
Part 2. Describe the Person
Relative experience, educational background and skills desired.
- Bachelor of Engineering. Or an equivalent degree and/or pertinent experience (see below).
- Technical knowledge and experience in casting is a must. Very hands on and be able to solve onsite technical and quality problem practically.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of quality assurance or quality control experience in a casting production & machining environment.
- Good in English Communication
- Demonstrated capabilities of performing supplier assessments– both at a quality systems level of ISO 9000 and at a technical level
- Demonstrated knowledge of utilizing quality tools to implement continuous improvement for supplier quality and delivery.
- Analytical and problem solving skill is a requirement. Even facing unfamiliar field, be energetic to analyze and find a solution.
- Ability to read and interpret complex part drawings, diagrams and qualification requirements.
- Knowledge of various measurement methods, and inspection equipment and tools typically utilized in a manufacturing environment. Able to perform quality checks using basic inspection tools.
- Pump Industry experience will be a plus.
- Ability to communicate in English and Chinese (written and oral).
- Ability to travel if required and heavy travel requirements – up to 50%.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Good team spirit and cross-boundary collaboration
- Work independently
- Personally disciplined