Customer Support SpecialistSales | Salt Lake City, UT, United States
We’re Hiring for a Customer Support Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
The Role: The Customer Support Specialist position will provide basic technical and heavy commercial support to internal and external customers. Work efforts include extensive order fulfillment duties; heavy volume of customer phone and email communications; basic quotation development; technical submittal creation; basic pricing, availability and technical customer inquiries; general administrative support needs; and engagement in special projects to support continuous improvement to increase productivity and reduce cycle time for customer support while increasing legendary customer service.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Provide heavy commercial support up to and including all aspects of order execution and follow up utilizing available quotation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools as well as communicate with related internal and external customer and vendor contacts
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly ERP review and maintenance functions to insure all ERP information is accurate; all auto-functions occur correctly; relevant parties have accurate order and sales status; potential problems are identified and mitigated; and any issues are resolved
- Create project technical manuals based on internally supplied quotations and other details
- Provide basic item availability, pricing, and technical assistance including but not limited to part number identification, product bill of materials, serialized number parts lists for internal and external customers.
- Provide basic Aftermarket replacement part selections and develop related quotations as necessary
- Daily utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to input new data and maintain existing data to current status for both direct customer interactions as well as those by outside sales
- Create legendary customer service experiences for internal and external customers
- Handle overflow from other sales support positions <>>current level
- Develop technical depth and understanding of Xylem product and application knowledge
- Provide facility and local team administrative support as needed
- Coordinate local trade show, lunch & learn or other local events and/or fulfill related sales literature, brochures, demo equipment or other support needs
- Participate in special projects to create best practices, improve processes, create training tools or to support Xylem initiatives as determined and conduct related presentations or training sessions
- 3-5 years’ of relevant work experience
- Technical aptitude as it relates to the basic understanding of engineered solutions equipment and related tools
- Strong customer service skills
- Good collaborative and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and task management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- 4-year degree preferable
- Experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Configure Price Quote (CPQ), and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Inspiring accountability
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Business Office Environment that includes laptop and standard office equipment; work performed in an open plan, cubicle work space setting
- Customer Solutions team covers extended hours of 8:00 am to 7:30 pm; may require shift in start and end times to accommodate customer base outside of the standard 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Travel requirement:<>>10% travel required to fulfill the duties listed above; other travel as needed or required by the company
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $50,100 to $73,100 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.