Production PlannerOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Production Scheduler will perform scheduling functions to support customer orders requirements and execute site level builds goals, balancing production capacity. Act as a liaison between manufacturing, materials and customer service functions. Investigate root cause and develop/implement process improvements to ensure adherence to agreed production schedule.
- Schedules production based on the ERP system using various shop floor systems. Schedules based on MRP orders, configured customer orders and/or Kanban requirements to satisfy the production plan and customer schedules.
- Coordinates with factory supervision, highlight gaps in available manpower.
- Update schedules and manufacturing orders based on customer order changes. Changes include cancellation, expedite, changed specifications or changed dates.
- Maintain manufacturing orders with correct dates and status, missed component issues including post deduct errors.
- Monitor and release customer orders in scheduling software based on material availability communicated by purchasing team.
- Communicate potential part shortages to purchasing and factory teams. Update on time information in designated reporting tool.
- Maintain material movement request to support manufacturing orders including material requests, material moves, pick requests, etc.
- Release components with local warehouses based on established guidelines. This includes approve requisitions from suppliers with blanket agreements or transfers from Xylem owner warehouses.
- Manage outside processing orders.
- Assist inventory analyst and internal logistic functions to reconcile inventory discrepancies.
- Participates in various lean activities including Kaizen Events and 5-S teams.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school graduate / College preferable. Min 5years manufacturing planning / scheduling experience required
- Need Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Power Point; Lean Six Sigma training and APICS certification are plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to work on computer at office on production floor
- Safety shoes and Safety glasses are to wear outside of the office
- COVID safety Mask is mandatory to enter and function in the Building
- Ability to work at Xylem / Morton Grove Building in office on production floor
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.