Embedded SW EngineerResearch & Development | Birkerød, Denmark, Denmark
Embedded Software Engineer
Do you want to work locally in Birkerød in a global company, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity?
Why you should join us:
You will define and develop next generation flow and level meter products for MJK automation and Xylem costumers. You will be part of a FW team that utilize scrum framework, and you will be part of driving the scrum, CI/CD and FW culture with the rest of the team. Hence, you will have great influence on decisions, architecture and processes in the FW team.
With reference to the R&D manager, you will be part of the R&D department that consist of 7 employees with competences within FW, HW, mechanical, assembly and production support. Daily, you will cooperate globally in the projects with other international FW developers and R&D sites in Xylem and you will be part of internal interest groups in Xylem to improve the FW quality level.
MJK automation is part of Xylem group which motto is “Let’s solve water”. MJK automation develops, produce and sell level and flow meters for clean water supply and wastewater treatment worldwide. MJK automation is located in Birkerød where we are 55 employees.
What we offer:
- Development of products to improve the water shortest worldwide
- A great informal work environment with international colleagues
- A flat organization where everyone will be heard
- Cross-functional projects in a global company from idea to launch
- A small local team working in a global project setup
- High degree of freedom to solve your tasks
- Health insurance and Pension
About the job
If you are looking for a place to advance your career, enhance your skill set, and build connections around the globe and have wide responsibility, MJK Xylem is the right place for you.
We seek talented people regardless of seniority. We expect you to hold a relevant degree in electronics or computer engineering and that you have ~3 years of experience with development of low-level embedded systems.
You can expect a working culture with a large degree of freedom under responsibility – what you deliver in the end is what counts.
You have relevant technical background from similar positions within FW development.
- ~3 years’ experience or a quick learner within design of low level embedded FW
- Programming in C/C++ and Python
- Knowledge about processor architectures and HW in general
- Understanding of real-time operating systems and real-time handling of HW
- Experience with Scrum is an advantage
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment (CI/CD)
- Unit and integration testing
- Knowledge about Git, Confluence, Jira and Jenkins is an advantage
- Fluent in English written and spoken
The products utilize RS485, Ethernet, HART, Profibus (DP), Modbus, Zephyr, SPI, I2C and USB. Knowledge about these technologies is an advantage.
- Contribute to the design, development, test and release of the firmware to our products
- Contribute to develop the Scrum framework in the Scrum team
- Ability to work in the whole development phase - from idea phase to ramp up of our products
- Cooperate with the HW team to ensure the HW/FW interface
- Work collaboratively with the Product Owner and the FW team to plan sprint goals
- Support the development of CI/CD in the team
- Contribute to development of the automatic test needed to ensure high quality in the FW
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
We are looking for the right personality and preferably an experienced person, but a quick learner is also a possibility.
You are passionate about FW; design and coding, test and validation of units and documentation of the design.
As a person you are a team player, self-driven, proactive, and open-minded who can interact with others, across borders and cultures.
You are a good problem solver with a technical mindset, that works with your team to understand and solve situations together.
You can expect approximately 10-20 days of travel per year, primarily to partners, and suppliers.
Want to know more about the job?
Kindly submit your application as soon as possible, as we are screening applications on a continuous basis. We only accept applications via our online recruitment system.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
For further information about the position, please contact R&D Manager Torben Koltze on +45 51307595.