Vice President, Digital MarketingMarketing | Any Location - North America, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Your Role: Xylem seeks to hire a VP of Digital Marketing to lead us in the next stage of digital excellence. You will set our next vision for what our digital marketing strategy should look like, establish a roadmap for getting there, and bring together the functions to execute on it. You will directly own and execute many of the digital functions at the corporate level, in addition, act as a strategic consultant throughout the organization on broader digital marketing efforts. You will have overall responsibility for how Xylem connects with our prospects, customers and other stakeholders on all digital channels along the entire customer journey. This critical leadership role will help drive performance marketing across all channels including: optimizing conversions from search and web to optimizing our campaigns through personalization and account based marketing and finally investing in paid media and social media strategies. This role will leverage all digital technologies (web and online channels, wearables, mobile and apps, AR/VR, etc.) to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and stakeholders.
You will report directly to the SVP & Chief Marketing Officer and can be based remotely or in one of our offices in Rye Brook, NY - Charlotte, NC - Raleigh, NC - Chicago, IL. **This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Deliver an overall Xylem brand experience along the customer journey consistent with best in class digital practices and experiences.
- Drive customer acquisition across digital channels, including website experiences, demand generation campaigns, integrated marketing, and mobile campaigns, etc.
- Lead the creation of an analytics system that captures customer behavior, models propensities, and can quickly deliver audiences to digital touchpoints for targeting and experience delivery.
- Lead the execution of search and paid media to enable customers to more easily find Xylem online properties and content.
- Elevate Xylem’s social media efforts relating to integrated campaign execution across the enterprise.
- Drive personalization throughout our web properties and improve performance by more easily helping customers achieve their goal for visiting Xylem.com. In doing so, optimize lead generation for Xylem.
- Execute corporate led campaigns and advise our business teams on campaigns containing an Omni channel multi-touch approaches with our target audience.
- Develop and manage the digital budget, providing monthly and quarterly reports as required
- Demonstrate creativity, out-of-the-box thinking and resourcefulness in leading teams to meet ambitious growth goals.
- Apply agile marketing approach for how we work and deliver digital touchpoint experience with our customers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate commitment to our values by participating in Watermark activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, computer science, digital marketing or equivalent discipline.
- 12+ years of experience in digital strategy, digital marketing including a deep understanding of website operations, SEM/SEO, social media, paid digital media, data analytics, reporting and insights.
- Strong marketing acumen and ability to lead strategy.
- Ability to directly lead a distributed diverse team and influence a globally distributed diverse team.
- Travel as needed (<20%)>20%)>
- Highly creative and experience identifying target audiences and building offline and online campaigns that engage, inform and deliver results.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing principles and strategies.
- Experience managing end-to-end digital customer experiences, and using data to drive product and customer journey enhancements.
- Experience with website analytics, campaign tracking, tagging, web testing, and tools such as Google Analytics, Episerver, Marketo, Salesforce.com and Workfront.
- Ability to manage and grow relationships with external agencies and other technology partners.
- Flexibility to contribute to other projects as required.
- Ability to analyze business reports, stitch data together, and drive actionable insights.
- Ability to work in a global, matrixed organization.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Will require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting less than 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise.
- Occasional domestic and international travel required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.