Validation EngineerEngineering | Abony, Hungary, Hungary
Xylem is a leading water technology company committed to "solving water" by creating innovative and smart technology solutions to meet the world's water, wastewater and energy needs Xylem’s well-known global brands have served the water market for many decades with products sold in more than 150 countries. The Company's more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Xylem does business with more than 40 market-leading product brands.
XYLEM is looking for a new colleague for the following position:
The Validation Engineer is required to conduct testing of existing and new Specialty Flow Control products within the specific instruction and direction from the Engineering Team, and in accordance with standard and non-standard test procedures for product performance, design verification, validation, endurance testing, and to ensure product safety.
- Conducts testing of products in a safe and careful manner, with minimal direction and supervision, and in accordance with standard and non-standard test procedures for product performance, design verification, validation, product safety and endurance testing.
- Develops, builds, and maintains test set ups consisting of electrical wiring, plumbing, gauges, transducers, relays, timers, valves, PLC’s etc., as needed to perform the requested testing.
- Utilises hand tools, measurement and test instruments appropriately for test processes, and use systems/software (e.g. Word Processing/Spreadsheet applications etc.) to record and format data and creating charts, log sheets etc.
- Responsible for running and monitoring product tests, the accuracy of the test results, collecting, organizing and appropriately storing test records. Must produce professional reports to document and communicate testing details and test data.
- Maintains lab equipment, coordination of calibration of gauges and instruments. Maintains a clean and organised work area.
- Specifies equipment, materials and supplies needed to support lab functions.
- Develops, maintains and follows lab related work instructions, procedures, and equipment manuals.
- Assembles product samples and prototypes for testing and customer evaluation.
- Is considered an expert for product knowledge, applications, agency test methods and internal / external testing.
- Works close with product development team members to help define product QTS, test plans, test methods and procedures.
- Has contact with external customers to review product failures and / or communicate product test data.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Represents Xylem Inc. as a technical expert working with outside agencies.
- Keeps abreast of the state-of-the-art by reading technical journals and publications.
- Performs special assignments as requested. May be required to perform other assignments which are normally related to the work of higher or lower engineering classifications.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- BSC or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Must have basic technical understanding of Electrical, Mechanical and Hydraulic principles; valves, pumps, electric motors and/or other electro mechanical products to support the test stations/set up
- Basic experience in machining (milling, turning, drilling, grinding etc) would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Specialty Flow Control products advantageous
- Basic experience in Data Acquisition / National Instruments LabView software and PLC programming an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word to record, produce graphs/charts and report data to a high standard
- Work experience in international company
- Excellent atmosphere, friendly environment, teamwork
- Internal development opportunities
- Other benefits (Cafeteria, Sport support)
- Teambuilding events
Cegléd, Külső-Kátai út 41.