Test TechnicianOperations | Pewaukee, WI, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Your Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Test Facility Technician on first shift who will be responsible for the set-up and testing of pump performance. The duties will require a wide variety in connection with the day-to-day operations of the test facility. This includes, but not limited to, specifically testing of Flygt brand pump products (including hydraulic performance and hydrostatic testing); maintaining the facility in a clean and orderly fashion compliant with federal, state, municipal and corporate guidelines and regulations. Computer skills necessary in Microsoft Excel and working with Test programs. Understanding Monitoring & Control Systems to record pump characteristics. Working with voltages up to 4160V while connecting pumps to power source. The ability to program Variable speed drives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Set up and install pumps in various configurations for the purpose of conducting certified testing. Measure and record all required electrical, pump characteristics and hydraulic data and provide assistance as directed by the Test Facility Supervisor.
- Aide in pump assembly or disassembly.
- Ability to transfer electronic data across multiple software.
- Connect pumps to a power sources for up to 4160 volts.
- Maintain and upgrade the Test Facility instrumentation, mechanical equipment, and overall appearance of the facility. Provide for appropriate calibration of instrumentation on systematic basis.
- Generate Certified Hydrostatic Test data by assembling proper fixtures to the pump and running the test. Complete required forms and maintain proper files and records.
- Perform non-certified hydraulic performance and motor load tests on pumps and/or mixers as requested by internal departments of the company.
- Perform other special projects or activities relating to the test facility as necessary or may be assigned. Ensure compliance to established company environmental, health & safety procedures and policies as well as to other regulatory codes, etc.
- Other Duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school diploma and at least two years of mechanical assembly experience.
- Knowledge of rotating equipment a plus
- Building product from manuals and assembly instructions
- Ability to adapt to varying work schedules and assignments, learning to satisfactorily complete a variety of job duties
- Ability to operate a fork-life truck and other lifting devices.
- Computer skills – MRP/ERP systems for receiving, inventory look up, and shipping; Moderate computer navigation for online trainings, daily time recording, data transfers, email, and basic Microsoft excel
- Blueprint reading and measurement tool reading
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Ability to climb ladders, lift and carry heavy loads, perform manual labor.
- Ability to work in areas involving heights, enclosed spaces, and near or above water.
- Walk or stand at least 8+ hours per day
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: n/a
- Shop: Work with material handling equipment, hand tools, daily exposure to shop elements.
- Travel: n/a
- Misc.: n/a
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.