Regional Supplier Quality EngineerOperations | Cegled, Hungary, Hungary
Xylem is a leading water technology company committed to "solving water" by creating innovative and smart technology solutions to meet the world's water, wastewater and energy needs Xylem’s well-known global brands have served the water market for many decades with products sold in more than 150 countries. The Company's more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Xylem does business with more than 40 market-leading product brands.
XYLEM is looking for a new colleague for the following position:
Regional Supplier Quality Engineer
The position is responsible for conducting on-site supplier audits to ensure supplier compliance and mitigate supplier risks, qualifying suppliers and purchased products, and developing suppliers towards Continuous Improvement.
- Develop and maintain supplier quality audit & risk assessment plan. Perform audits and assessments to identify compliance gaps and supply risks.
- Report on supplier risks and non-compliance to management. Follow-up with suppliers regarding any required corrective actions till closure.
- Support supplier quality audit and risk assessment plans at sites and monitor progresses.
- Support and/or lead supplier and part qualification process in sourcing projects.
- Lead resolution of major supplier quality issues with suppliers.
- Provide input to Category Management and Site Sourcing teams on supplier capabilities and risks.
- Participate and/or lead New Product Development and Value Added Value Engineering projects from supplier quality standpoint.
- Promote, manage and coordinate supplier development activities.
- Drive supplier continuous improvement initiatives to achieve preventive-based quality assurance and mitigate risks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience managing supplier quality and/or auditing suppliers for qualification and compliance.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality requirements in engineering industries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, Lean Six Sigma and quality tools.
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively interact with all levels within Xylem and suppliers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively.
- Capability of working in a multiple-culture environment.
- Proficiency in oral and written in English.
- Certified Quality Auditor (ASQ or equivalent) highly desired.
- The position requires 50% travel within Europe
- Work experience in international company
- Excellent atmosphere, friendly environment, teamwork
- Internal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package
- Other benefits
- Teambuilding events