Operations Leadership Development ProgramOperations | Pewaukee, WI, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used.
Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Operations Leadership Development Program is intended to develop talented leaders within our sourcing, purchasing, planning, manufacturing, continuous improvement, warehouse, shop floor, scheduling, and logistics functions. While in the program, Rotational employees will acquire the skills and abilities needed to lead a team and to continuously improve our Operations functions. With this leadership development focus, Rotational team members will be set with higher expectations during and after the program. Deep, diverse experience is critical to the future success of program graduates.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Our program consists of three 1-year assignments starting at one of our US sites, with 2nd year at a different site in the USA.
- The 3rd year’s rotation will be with an International facility! (Europe, Asia or Mexico)
- Upon successful completion of the program, a new/advanced role will be identified based on your performance in the 3 years and your preferences on location taken into consideration.
- The three 1 year rotations will be in three different focus areas.
- Focus areas include: Sourcing, Purchasing, Planning, Scheduling, Logistics, Operations, Transportation, Warehouse, Shop Floor, and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Site relocations between rotations are dependent on business needs and employee needs.
- Greenbelt, APICS CPIM certifications are encouraged and sponsored by Xylem throughout the programs rotations.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Operations related program (Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, etc.) Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (“B” average”) or better in college.
- 0-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing or related environment.
- Open to expected annual Travel/Relocation
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.