Clean Water Service ManagerOperations | Axminster, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Responsible for the management of the UK & I Clean Water Service Team ensuring the reliable delivery of high quality service to our customers. Leading a team of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers and support staff responsible for Servicing and installing clean water pumps. Additionally working with the Sales team to grow service contracts and reporting performance and revenue
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and performance manage the Service team.
- Improve employee engagement
- Responsible for meeting sales, cost and operating income budgets.
- Ensure team compliance with Xylem policies and procedures
- To continually drive for customer satisfaction through process, behaviour and communication improvements and to work within the team to identify and implement such improvements.
- Working with the Finance and Sales teams to manage and develop customer accounts within the area ensuring customer financial obligations are met and exposure to financial risk is minimised.
- Manage and maintain the highest possible standards of Health and Safety, in accordance with current legislation and procedures/policies laid down by the company.
- Work with the scheduling team to maximise utilisation of the engineers including balancing priorities of differing workstreams.
- Responsible for ensuring that vehicles are adequately stocked with appropriate tools and parts, operated safely and maintained properly
- Ensure accuracy of timesheets, expenses, invoices and reports
- Produce or assist in producing, non standard risk assessments, safe systems of work and method statements.
- Manage the efficient running of the out of hours call availability and attendance of engineers, ensuring that adequate cover is always provided both in and out of hours. This will involve inclusion within the escalation procedure, but it is acknowledged that permanent availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Provide assistance and cover for other members of the management team
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin color, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.