Technical Service AnalystOperations | Auburn, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: The Technical Customer Service role utilizes technical expertise and customer service etiquette in the selection, configuration, quotation, and troubleshooting of pumps and peripheral equipment. The team performs a diversified range of technical functions within the pre-sales and post-sales space for our existing and potential customers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Regularly partner with Order Entry, Warranty, Sales, Product Management, Sustaining Engineering and other internal teams to accomplish company objectives on a daily basis through verbal and written communication.
- Identify Customer Needs: Work closely with outside sales, internal colleagues, distributors, and others to develop understanding of the customer request. Partner closely with the requestor in gathering information to better classify the need including level of technical involvement, expertise required, urgency, application, customer type, etc. Align requestor with proper channel best-suited to provide the needed solution if non-technical in nature.
- Research/Gather Information: Work closely with internal colleagues, subject matter experts, and other technical resources to research and gather information including potential solutions and unique application history in order to understand how to meet the requestor's need and solve the problem.
- Problem Solve: Meet the requestor's consulting need or develop viable solution to requestor's problem. Typical problem solving could include selection and configuration of pump and peripherals based on application requirements, troubleshooting of pumps and related equipment as it pertains to a given application, provision of various technical documentation, tutelage in the operation of customer-available product resources, and the coordination of information flow amongst Xylem internal teams and external parties. Understands technical questions to ask in order to ensure proper/ adequate information is provided in order to meet pre/post-sales needs. Tech maintains full availability during work hours via our Customer Support Hotline and e-mail channels.
- Validate and Communicate Solution: Work closely alongside internal colleagues to communicate and validate consulting need has been fulfilled and to offer the proposed solution(s) for external party review and approval. If requestor is not satisfied with outcome, the Tech is responsible for further consultation and acts as advocate and advisor to ensure consulting need is met wherever possible.
- Procure and Provide Quotation: Procure quotation for special, non-standard items and components from outside vendors to satisfy special requests as needed, apply them as supplement to our portfolio product range, and present quotation to customer accordingly.
- Maintain product knowledge through training and seminars
- Participate in new initiatives as requested
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as required
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Environment, technologically savvy
- Excellent communication, verbal and written
- Technical aptitude
- Preferred: Exposure to fundamental hydraulic and electrical concepts
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.