Senior Software EngineerEngineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Software/Sr. Software Engineer at Vadodara India Technology Center. The ideal candidate will provide software development throughout the systems development life cycle, while focusing as early as possible on complex features and interfaces. Work closely with other development engineers, product and project managers, and other testing departments to develop software from the commercial specification.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in Industry 4.0 implementation for Xylem Production facilities worldwide.
- Participate in the development process from definition to deployment
- Maintain and improve existing applications
- Works closely with global team and ITC engineering team to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Participate in software design and testing with global team and ITC engineering teams
- Assist end users in the implementation of their specific software requirements
- Keep well informed of new features and products/services. Be proactive in understanding product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or self-training.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Engineering Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Instrumentation & Control
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience in areas directly related to front end user experience and back-end services for large scale, high performance environment
- Experience in building data-driven web application
- Have in-depth understanding of application performance and scalability
- Experience with Cross-browser coding, testing, and debugging
- Experience with web application development using ASP.NET or JAVA
- Experience with web application development using Thingworx is a plus
- Working experience with MS SQL Database, Kepserver
- Working experience in Agile or scrum-based methodologies and tools like JIRA
- Working knowledge about DevOps
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines
- Experience deploying to cloud services such as AWS or Azure CloudFront or similar preferred
- Good to have knowledge about: - OPC/UA, Embedded, PLC & SCADA programming, C/C++ programming language
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standard
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- A high-energy, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Strong technical, communication, and inter-personal capabilities
- Bias toward speed, strong sense of urgency
- Comfortable with customers and a customer advocate
- Listens and works well in team environment
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Learns new concepts quickly and autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Searches out the best practice with continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other communication tools
- Fluency in English language is must
- Capable of working with cross functional teams
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones
- Electrical test labs, high voltage potentials.
- Pump controls & test machines and rooms, high voltage potentials, mechanical hazards
- (moving machinery), high temperature hazards (hot metal, etc.…)