Manufacturing Support TechnicianEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
We’re Hiring for a Manufacturing Support Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Manufacturing Support Technician will be responsible for aiding and establishing the overall Manufacturing strategy for Xylem product lines. In this role, the incumbent will also aid in establishing the overall Manufacturing strategy for Xylem product lines. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits. Xylem will provide paid training for CDL upgrades (if applicable).
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Identify and troubleshoot process, product, or equipment problems to minimize production down time.
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufacturing product to determine root cause.
- Assist manufacturing engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including documenting processes and temporary deviations.
- Assist manufacturing team with purchase of tools, materials, and equipment.
- Schedule, complete, and document routine maintenance, calibration, and inspections for manufacturing and test equipment
- Document and maintain system for manufacturing assets within facilities.
- Work with outside vendors to quote manufacturing improvements and initiatives.
- Assist with setup, testing, and transport of manufacturing equipment into and out of the facility.
- Assist with hands on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling, equipment, and process revisions.
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, check out and trouble-shoot equipment.
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in manufacturing.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Clean and maintain organized work areas, machines, and production lines. Help to implement 5S techniques.
- Support manufacturing engineers on the team with cycle time analysis, work instruction updates, training of operators, and roll out of changes to line.
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule.
- Follow Manufacturing Engineers direction while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with coworkers.
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics.
- Background in practical electronics, electronic test equipment and troubleshooting
- Have hands-on experience in operating various testing and laboratory equipment (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, DAQs, thermal chambers, FW flashing stations, engineering accuracy test stands, etc.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong problem-solving skills and efficient management of time and resource
- Prior experience in a electro-mechanical manufacturing environment
- Basic machine shop and fabrication skills a plus as well as the ability to measure and inspect critical parts.
- Experience in supporting manufacturing activities.
- Experience in a regulated environment, such as ISO
- Ability to use and understand general test equipment including DVM, torque wrenches, force gauges, etc.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.