Project Manager Water UtilitiesEngineering | Lainate, Italy, Italy
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 22.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
Xylem is looking for a qualified Project Manager Digital Solutions to join our Project Delivery team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end management of projects ensuring the timely, efficient, safe and sustainable delivery of all allocated projects. Being the first point of contact for the client, needs to have excellent communication skills, to be able to manage and clearly communicate with all parties involved in the project execution, liaising with different internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is required to have a good knowledge and previous working experience in the water industry and digital solutions.
- Manage projects from initiation to completion, ensuring all objectives are met and deliverables are achieved.
- Manage the assigned workload and project to ensure effective and efficient working.
- Administer assigned contracts and tasks throughout the project lifecycle, including contract claim and dispute resolution.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation.
- Maintain up to date forecasts and reports.
- Maintain a risk register for all projects and escalate significant risks to the Delivery Manager.
- Manage the financial performance and coordinate invoicing of allocated projects.
- Manage subcontractors, suppliers, and third-party contractors within the project context.
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with Xylem’s quality standards, environmental policies, and health and safety procedures.
- Provide technical and project management support for complex projects under the guidance of a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager.
- Prepare project budgets, schedules and forecasts and cashflow.
- Undertake project reviews and close-out procedures.
- Support on the continuous improvement of project management processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Previous experience of at least 5 years in the water sector in the Italian market.
- Proven knowledge of Italian and EU regulations relating to the water sector is also required, with reference to: Resolution no. 655/15 of 23 December 2015, “Regulation of the contractual quality of the integrated water service or of each of the individual services that compose it, and of the subsequent revisions.”
- Strong project management skills, including budget management, risk management and schedule management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English and Italian
- PMI or Prince2 training and qualification (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Experience managing Big Data and Enterprise Data Platform projects is preferred.
Travel requirements: able to periodically travel or work from customer facilities up to 30% of the time.LOCATION: full remote
BENEFIT: company bonus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.