Field Technician IOperations | Edmonton, AB, Canada
We’re Hiring for a Field Technician I!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Technician I will provide support to the XLI inspection team by assisting with multiple above ground pipeline inspections. Which involves the locating of pipelines and documenting pipeline positions using electro-magnetic locators and GPS equipment. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assist with measuring the AC Voltage Gradient (ACVG and DCVG) while walking above the buried pipeline.
- Assist and/or perform various over the line surveys (DOC, CIPS)
- Assist with all aspects of data collection and reporting in accordance with established procedure.
- Effectively communicate with land owners and clients presenting a positive company image at all times.
- Conform to corporate, client, and government operating and safety procedures
- Maintain all assigned equipment in good working order according to established procedures. Keep equipment charged as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate inspection concerns to the Lead Hand or Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Follow all H & S requirements, attend meetings, complete forms, etc.
- Provide support to other XLI inspection teams as required.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
- Surveying and/or GPS experience an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- ATV, snowmobile, argo, etc. experience an asset
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical school degree in Petroleum Engineering or Environmental Services an asset
- NACE certification an asset
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clean Abstract
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and PC Skills
- Experience in corrosion control, protective coatings and cathodic protection monitoring an asset
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is frequently outdoors and will spend up to 75% of their time in the field. The Field Technician will be required to work in varying weather conditions including high heat and extreme cold and will be required to lift up to 75lbs. In addition, this role may be required to travel up to 75% of the time to various field locations.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.