Business Development Manager - Water/Wastewater (Remote - Southern UK)Sales | United Kingdom, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
This role involves engaging with the supply chain of the UK Water Utilities (specifically for Thames Water, Southern Water, Wessex Water, Southwest Water and Welsh Water) in developing relationships with the Tier 1 consultants and contractors who are responsible for the design and delivery of capital projects within a given AMP period. The critical element will be developing relationships with the key contacts within the Capital Partners who are responsible for implementing the specifications developed by the utility consultants.
Working with the Business Development team there will be a defined “change of ownership point” where the Capital Partner Development Manager will assume responsibility for the client and associated project(s) – this point is when a specific scheme/contract has been identified and a commercial requirement requested.
Additionally, there is a responsibility for identifying additional areas of business in the wider Xylem product portfolio. This will involve extended treatment (water and waste) products, analytics, digitalisation and twinning, life cycle services, and any other area of engagement that Xylem is able to support.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Working with the Business Development team to define key stakeholders for specific projects.
- Engage with Key Customer Stakeholders to ensure we are receiving inquiries representing the full Xylem product and service portfolio where able to.
- Actively promote lunch & learn sessions to ensure the full Xylem portfolio receives maximum exposure.
- Develop close ties with key stakeholders during the bid process and always stay close to the client.
- Negotiate BAFO’s within the DOA and received guidance on margin from senior management.
- Always maintain accurate customer details and save all customer information on our inhouse CRM system (Salesforce)
- Meet personal targets and development goals whilst contributing to team and department targets.
- The post-holder must comply with the Company’s Policies and Procedures and Code of Conduct
- Identifying issues to drive performance and continuous improvement.
- To undertake additional duties as required including support of other regions.
- Work with regionally based contractors across multiple water companies.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Knowledge of the Capital Delivery model used within the UK Water Industry
- Mechanical/Electrical pumping experience
- Experience in the wider Xylem range
- Good written and verbal skills are essential together with commercial awareness and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Experience in Water & Wastewater treatment and transport
- Technical background within a mechanical or electrical environment.
- Remote – Home Based
- Yes, Valid Driver’s Licence required