Sales Manager VIC/TASSales | Melbourne, Australia, Australia
Could you help us solve water?
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving world's most critical water challenges. We are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development, and a safety culture.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Sales Manager to be based at our Mentone branch, to be responsible for optimising resources within their region to ensure profitable sales growth.
You will be a driven and passionate professional who will take pride in managing a portfolio of businesses to drive growth in order to achieve Xylems strategic and operating plan objectives.
You will also hold the responsibility to develop the sales capability of direct reports through coaching, mentoring and succession planning.
- Achieve sales targets, develop and maximise growth opportunities
- Plan, review and coordinate a proactive and comprehensive program to achieve business goals
- Responsible for the implementation of customer centric marketing initiatives and sales promotions
- Ensure that reward and recognition throughout your team occurs in a timely and appropriate manner to facilitate employee engagement
- Drive and contribute to Organization and Staff Development initiatives e.g. Training and Development, Career Development, Study Assistance, Goal Deployment Plans and Salary Reviews Champion and lead implementation strategies and programs
- Take ownership and lead accountability for employee onboarding plans to ensure that all employees are suitably oriented into the business
- Manage programs for the company by developing strategies to assist the successful implementation of new policies, structures and systems
- Minimum 2-5 years previous success within a leadership role, preferably in an engineering environment
- Strategic and solution selling skills in order to develop long term relationships with customers/suppliers
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate staff, an ability to influence, coupled with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Qualifications in the field of management/marketing/engineering (desirable)
- Sound mechanical aptitude/ knowledge of pumps and pumping systems
What you will get in return
- Opportunity to work with a global, industry leader
- Company funded income protection
- Generous base salary, 10.5% superannuation contribution + quarterly bonus
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Subsidised Health Insurance through Medibank
- Subsidised Gym membership (50% reimbursement p.a)
- Career succession planning and ongoing training to ensure you grow within your role
- Opportunity to make a difference and become part of Xylems volunteer program “Watermark”