Marketing SpecialistMarketing | Chicago, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Working with the vertical marketing team, the marketing specialist will provide support for delivering on the goals of the Residential, Commercial Building and Agriculture Market Strategy. This role will help to develop marketing campaigns, as well as helping create materials/tools needed to help drive demand.
**This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Preparing sales support materials
- Compiling marketing reports
- Writing & reviewing web/social media content and press releases
- Planning promotional events
- Tracking marketing campaign
- Creating and Executing Customer Communications
- Day to day activities to support customer loyalty program
- Responsible for supporting the development, coordination, execution and tracking of the local marketing programs, to acquire, nurture leads and engage customers
- Contribute to social media content calendar to increase the brand value and promote Xylem’s solutions.
- Assist with launch plan preparation, by coordinating necessary assets and materials for product and project launches
- Good copy-writing skills
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function
- Innovative spirit, initiative, autonomy, positive can-do attitude
- Self-driven, proactive and pragmatic
- Organized, consistent, detail-oriented
- External: Agencies, contractors, consultants, distributors and end customers, vendors, trade associations, media
- Internal: Vertical marketing, digital marketing, marketing communications team, demand generation, sales team, product managers, business development teams, local finance, controlling and purchasing
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications
- Online and Social Media marketing experience
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk & reach with hands & arms; use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment (office environment).
- Must be able to communicate on the phone and through e-communications
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours:40
- Travel requirement: 10-20%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.