Intern - Software Engineering - Summer 2021Engineering | Middletown, CT, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
HYPACK®, a Xylem brand, develops Windows-based software for the hydrographic and dredging industries. HYPACK was founded in 1984 as a small hydrographic consultancy. Today, HYPACK is one of the most widely used hydrographic surveying packages in the world, with more than 10,000 users. HYPACK provides surveyors and dredgers with the software tools needed to design, collect, process, analyze, and generate mapping products for ocean, coastal, and inland waters.
The Role: HYPACK, A Xylem Brand is seeking Intern Candidates with a Software Engineering background to join our team. As a member of the Software Engineering Team, the incumbent will design, develop and test C++ software applications. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work on 3D visualization, network programming, and geo-spatial data analytics, we want to hear from you!
We want someone who:
- Wants to build game-changing software applications and analytics tools
- Takes great personal pride in building robust software
- Has strong sense of ownership and drive
- Is passionate about applications, analytics, storage and distributed systems
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong customer focus
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Exposure to object-oriented design and coding languages such as C++ and/or Java,
- Exposure to data structures and algorithms
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
It would be awesome if you:
- Have experience with OpenGL and 3D graphics programming, design and implementation
- Have experience in network programming and multi-threaded applications
- Have experience in user interface design
- Have experience in high speed data collection
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours, office environment
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.