Technical Customer Service RepresentativeSales | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem Inc. is a leading global water technology provider enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings.
Our success is grounded in a proud heritage and history of more than 100 years of water technology leadership. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world’s most challenging water and wastewater problems. Let’s work to make a difference. Let’s Solve Water. This role will be based out of the Morton Grove, IL Office.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Receives order input and ascertains product specification, clarifies customer order language condensing where possible and verifies product construction. Coordinates with Engineering and Marketing teams to successfully process Engineered To Order/Configured To Order product. Refers special product orders to the cross functional departments for pricing and special construction details.
- Edits customer orders with special construction requirements assigning various code numbers for statistical tabulation and commodity identification. Indicates method of shipment, tag information and product/parts pricing.
- Quotes lead time and pricing on product/parts. Process orders in the ERP system. Coordinates with cross functional teams for timely acknowledgement and shipment of customer orders.
- Communicates with customers through verbal, written and personal contact regarding order status, delivery concerns and complaints such as material shortages, incorrect shipments, lost material, incorrect pricing and product availability. Pro-actively interfaces with internal departments for resolution.
- Generates inter-departmental inquiries through e-mail and face-to-face interactions regarding order delinquencies. This may require requests to expedite product as needed.
- Evaluates stock product availability by analyzing customer backlog status with respect to acknowledged shipping schedules.
- Enters customer inquiries generating service requests and activities, actively following up to resolve customer inquiry.
- A dynamic problem solver when unexpected problems arise, being able to adjust to the situation and provide a fast accurate solution with a customer service mindset.
- Other duties as assigned by Customer Service Supervisor and/or Manager.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 0-3 years Customer Service experience
- Recent College Graduate preferred
- Working knowledge of order processing and marketing policies and procedures. Should also have a basic knowledge of products, customers, pricing and logistics.
- Preferred minimum of 4-5 years customer service experience in a technical product line, B2B Preferred.
- Demonstrated customer advocacy skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment welcoming change and growth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience working with CRM system (Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics) a plus
- Proficiency in second language a plus
- A strong commitment to working with a team, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining
professionalism is required
- Ability to process a high volume of transactions with proficiency, accuracy and integrity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen, organizational, time management skills and attention to detail required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.