Supplier Quality EngineerOperations | Cegled, Hungary, Hungary
The Role: “Xylem seeks to hire a professional responsible for conducting on-site supplier audits to ensure supplier compliance and mitigate supplier risks, qualifying suppliers and purchased products, and developing suppliers towards Continuous Improvement.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain supplier quality audit & risk assessment plan. Perform audits and assessments to identify compliance gaps and supply risks.
- Report on supplier risks and non-compliance to management. Follow-up with suppliers regarding any required corrective actions till closure.
- Support supplier quality audit and risk assessment plans at sites and monitor progresses.
- Support and/or lead supplier and part qualification process in sourcing projects.
- Lead resolution of major supplier quality issues with suppliers.
- Provide input to Category Management and Site Sourcing teams on supplier capabilities and risks.
- Participate and/or lead New Product Development and Value Added Value Engineering projects from supplier quality standpoint.
- Promote, manage and coordinate supplier development activities.
- Drive supplier continuous improvement initiatives to achieve preventive-based quality assurance and mitigate risks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience managing supplier quality and/or auditing suppliers for qualification and compliance.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality requirements in engineering industries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, Lean Six Sigma and quality tools.
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively interact with all levels within Xylem and suppliers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively.
- Capability of working in a multiple-culture environment.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
- Travel up to 50%, domestic and/or international
- Certified Quality Auditor (ASQ or equivalent) highly desired.
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment and manufacturing factories when visiting suppliers.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Will require travel to Xylem and supplier sites.
- Work may require lifting less than 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.