Sr. Software Developer (Remote)Engineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Sr. Software Engineer to create software for new customer engagements. This individual will work with internal teams and clients to ensure that their solution are meeting requirements and expectations. The successful candidate will have the ability to multitask and work simultaneously on more than one project in a fast paced, fluid environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities: \
- Create software deliverables for Professional services engagements.
- Participate on the end to end development from requirements to deployment
- Perform extensive, effective unit testing of software deliverables to meet or exceed customer quality expectations.
- Follow and continuously improve professional services processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with other teams in design, development, validation and delivery per Sensus SDLC.
- Ability to interact and work with customers remotely and in person as necessary.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- 4 + years of experience with object-oriented design and development techniques using Java technologies
- Demonstrated use of Java/J2EE application development technologies as well as a solid understanding and practical experience specifically with Spring, JMS/Messaging, XML, REST/SOAP development technologies
- Experience developing scalable Relational Database structures, RDBMS, NoSQL document stores
- Experience with web development, MVC frameworks
- Experience using Agile, continuous integration development and automated testing
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 20%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.