Sr. Dev Ops EngineerInformation Technology | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Sr. Dev Ops Engineer. We’re looking for someone with a passion for being a part of a team dedicated to improving automation, monitoring and continuous delivery in a cloud-based environment. You should enjoy working with cutting-edge technology and not be afraid to take a different approach to solving technical problems. You should also be able to change directions quickly as the business environment moves.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Working on a DevOps Engineering team that interacts with and enables multiple teams.
- Using approved tools and processes, create Infrastructure as Code that can be reused by peer team members and teams.
- Creating and handling build or deployment pipelines for continuous integration to improve quality and availability of products.
- Collecting and analyzing data to understand and troubleshoot pipeline performance.
- Leading, designing, implementing, maintaining, and improving new and existing CI/CD solutions.
- Taking part in architecture discussions and knowledge sharing with other colleagues.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience with on-premise private clouds or public clouds (e.g., AWS , Azure.)
- 4+ years of experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery tools including builds and deployments (examples include Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab, Bitbucket Pipelines.)
- 4+ years of experience with Ansible and/or Terraform or similar infrastructure deployment tool
- Experience supporting production workloads in a Linux environment.
- Experience orchestrating deployment of containerized microservices into a cloud-based orchestration framework such as AWS, Docker Swarm, or OpenShift.
- Experience with monitoring tools Datadog, Nagios, or a similar tool.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites.
- Ability to identify and clearly document issues for resolution.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards.
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative, demonstrated experience working with cross functional team.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with Helm is preferred
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or a similar language
- Experience with Java-based microservices and Spring boot
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.