Software Database EngineerEngineering | Raleigh, NC, United States
We’re Hiring for a Software Database Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Software Database Engineer, as a member of the Software Engineering Team. You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help support of Advanced Meter Infrastructure (AMI) headend system. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends we want to hear from you! We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborate with other development teams to ensure products work flawlessly within Sensus solutions and with 3rd party offerings
- Takes great personal pride in building robust modular software
- Has strong sense of ownership and drive
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong customer focus
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in database design, coding, and documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Support database objects residing in Microsoft Sql Server and Oracle databases
- Design, create, modify and remove database objects (tables, views, indexes, keys, stored procedures, functions, DB links, etc.) to support development projects
- Work with Application Development Teams, Project, Testing, and Release Managers, Architects to support fixes, enhancements, and projects
- Efficiently write schema and data manipulation as part of software upgrades
- Performance review and tuning on pending, new and, production database objects
- Assist other developers with SQL questions as needed
- Good to have database administration skills – performance tuning, job monitoring, and security management
- Object-oriented design and coding skills (Java, C#, and/or C++), preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform developing Systems software
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Online distributed systems, real-time systems, platform infrastructure design and implementation
- Middleware software solutions design, development and integration
- Multi-threaded/concurrent application development in large scale high availability systems
- Code reviews and Unit testing
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Mission critical services or services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Agile development processes
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. Standard hours are 40 hours per week and the position can be performed remotely.
The estimated salary range for this position is $120,000 to $140,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.