Senior Engineer / Assistant Manager - Supplier QualityOperations | Thane, India, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the
leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used,
managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology
and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of
inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to
bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #lets solve water, we want to hear from you! For more information,
please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to
support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and
development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to
safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to
learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from
diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging
Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Supplier Quality – Senior Engineer / Assistant Manager
Primary: Supplier Quality – Ensure that the products meet quality requirements, Understand Tender requirements,
Coordinate with Cross-functional team on Project Quality requirements, participate in product quality planning and
control process based on customer’s specifications and requirements. Prepare and update all necessary quality reports as
required by customers, assist in new product development activities to avoid quality issues. Prepare and maintain product
quality documentation based on ISO specifications. Candidate to be in similar field of Sewage Treatment Plant (STP)
equipment or Water & Waste Water Infrastructure projects.
Secondary: Supplier Development, monitoring & Improve supplier performance, Supplier Quality Audits, on-time closure
of NCR with effective Corrective & preventive action. Documentation and record of calibration instruments, Preventive
Maintenance of test instruments, Quality management System.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance
1. Product Quality Performance – Responsible for monitoring & improving product Quality performance.
2. Responsible for Supplier manufacturing process improvement with emphasis on quality and on time delivery to
original agreed to purchase order receipt dates
3. Supplier Quality Audits – Process Control Audits
4. Responsible for carrying out third party inspection based on customer order requirement and Supplier Quality
plan, Prepare, and submit testing documents based on customer order requirement.
5. Responsible for Coordinate with Cross-functional team on Project Quality requirements.
• Understand and study – Project/Tender Quality expectations
• Establish Quality Assurance plan in co-ordination with different suppliers
• Process inspection
• Customer Inspection planning & Co-ordination
• Ensure product meets requirements
6. Analyses customer complaints and implement Corrective and Preventive actions. –
7. Data capturing, consolidation, analysis, and Plan for improvements on a regular basis.
8. Ensures defect free products to customer.
9. Process capability studies.
10. Problem analysis and establish root cause, Plan, and Implement CAPA.
11. Improves and maintain QMS within Procurement/Quality organization
12. Implement Supplier Quality system, & impart training down the line as and when required
13. To Provide technical assistance and advice to Project Team on inspection levels, materials testing Certification and
14. Lead and co-ordinate the development and application of Criticality Assessment criteria and Project Quality
Part 2. Describe the Person
A) Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience).
B.E. in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical
At least 7 -9 yrs. of working experience in quality, Supplier Quality & Project Quality department specifically in
Water Treatment domain
ISO Audit/Six Sigma/ Project Management certifications will have added advantage
Key technical skills and knowledge.
Excellent Communication skills
Work independently, and proactively
Effective Knowledge base
Accountability and self-management
Strong interpersonal skill
Accuracy in work
Collaboration -Consistently works effectively and cooperatively with team members and fellow project team
leaders, other employees and external customers
Problem solving capabilities
Gently assertive, flexible and adaptable
Pressure handling capacity.
Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Time management and resource planning/management
Documentation and record of calibration instruments
Preventive Maintenance of test instruments, Quality Management System
Quality Audit processes, procedure, and records
International Standards and Company policies and Procedures
Engineering Tests Techniques
Knowledge on ISO 9000 and other quality system
(1) Include the competencies identified for the position that differentiate superior performance.
Proven leadership & communication abilities
Ability to handle multiple projects, high volume activity and establish priorities in a changing environment.
Strong ethical working style.