Regional Sales ManagerSales | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for leading the overall orders, revenue and gross margin growth of assigned Xylem products and services in an assigned region. As a RSM you will lead your team’s daily sales efforts by motivating and coaching the outside sales staff on strategic decisions to drive company and regional growth, recognize and react to market conditions through development, recruiting, mentoring, goal setting and coaching.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maximize financial performance of the region by expanding the rentals and sales of Xylem products and services.
- Grow and maintain an effective sales pipeline utilizing SalesForce.com. Maintain a Pipeline Revenue health >85%.
- Coach and mentor the regional sales team and own the Sales Representative on-boarding process for all sales reps within the region. Provide input on each Direct Sales Rep’s (DSR’s) performance based on clearly communicated expectations.
- Develop complex commercial sales strategies focused on long term business and growth within accounts and geographies; this will include any demand generation activities (sales blitz, digital marketing campaigns, etc.)
- Develop a bottom up, market based financial understanding of assigned territory
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to drive bid reporting services and lead management in addition to build company image to drive new opportunities and brand recognition within the region.
- Identify, develop, and implement local marketing strategies to expand penetration of Xylem’s products.
- Partner with Marketing to manage sales blitzes, distributor and industry conferences, trade shows and other trade organizations to drive sales within the Region.
- Manage selling costs and travel expenses as well as approve budgets and Strive to operate within approved budgets for each fiscal quarter and year.
- Approve traveling and selling expenses for the Sales Representatives and Territory Managers (if applicable) and any other direct report in the Territory; to review and report on related monthly activity, implement corrective actions to compensate for sales and/or order shortfalls, and to institute remedial action as required.
- Attain target gross profit margins and sales and rental volumes (as required) to maintain profitable operations and to enhance the company's position and future growth in the industry.
- Supervise the obtaining of data as to the sales plans, selling effort, markets, products, and prices of competitors to the extent that such data will be beneficial for managing the company, determine marketing plans and policies, and assist manufacturing.
- Serve on and constructively participate in such committee activities as assigned by the VP of Sales.
- Supervise the preparation and interpretation of sales and marketing reports as may be needed for guidance and use of company executives and sales division personnel.
- Guide personnel in building goodwill with present/prospective customers and assume the obligations of good citizenship him/herself and to participate in worthwhile community and national activities as may be required for sound public relations for the company.
- Work with National Accounts Manager to both drive deeper penetration into existing national accounts and develop additional opportunities within region. – (Dewatering)
- Manage Transport Distribution with your region as applicable – (Water Utilities
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Leading people & teams (for people manager)
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Customer Responsiveness & intimacy
- Market knowledge
- Developing capability (for people manager)
- Sales execution
- Inspiring accountability
- Contract Risk Management and T&C’s knowledge
- Experience selling products and services for holistic solutions
- Sets Sales strategy & planning
- Distribution Sales Channel experience
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum five years of successful sales management or management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value-based selling.
- Five years’ experience in related field of pumps, pumping systems, equipment rental or construction preferred.
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is required.
- Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills (written/verbal).
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills are required.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Experience leading through influence
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Proven presentation and communication skills including face-to face interaction.
- General knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulics; pneumatics; water flow; diesel, gas, and electric motors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Job Site: Regular exposure to job site conditions and hazards, e.g. petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, wastewater treatment plants, etc.
- Shop: Regular exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and job site noise.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40+
- Travel: 50%+ or as required
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.