Public Cloud Engineer - Tech Lead, RemoteEngineering | Raleigh, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Public Cloud Engineer-Tech Lead who will be responsible for supporting, automating, and monitoring of Xylem customer environments
- Work with DevOps to understand and support applications in AWS and Azure. Provide feedback to help develop stable production environments
- Develop enhanced monitoring of applications to assure uptime that meets SLAs.
- Act as a subject matter expert for troubleshooting and resolving performance related issues on multi-tier web applications that span a number of different OS on the AWS platform (Amazon Web Services)
- Should be proficient with EC2, RDS, IAM, S3, Cloudwatch and other tools in AWS
- Understand the testing and deployment of applications all the way to production. This includes the sizing of the entire production deployment stack based on the numbers of devices deployed for a customer, tweaking the automated scripts to deploy such a system on AWS and then install the Xylem software.
- Understand and write automation scripts.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- AWS (Amazon Web Service) and other similar cloud providers like Azure
- Kubernetes (Helm experience a plus)
- Ansible or a similar configuration management tool
- Terraform or a similar infrastructure provisioning tool
- CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Gitlab, or Bitbucket Pipelines
- Python or a similar programming language
- Experience supporting production workloads in a Linux environment
- Experience with monitoring tools Datadog, Nagios, or a similar tool
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.