Project EngineerOperations | Farnborough, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 16.000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at: Xylem - a job with a purpose.
Your Water Challenge With Us
The Project Engineer is a key position in the Project Delivery Team; directly overseeing the core project management activities for the various areas business to include but not limited to the refurbishment and installation of equipment in wastewater pumping stations. Within this position you will use your project management techniques, influence stakeholder, deliver to forecasts and budgets and ensure all company policies, frameworks, processes and procedures are adhered to, whilst maintaining the highest standards and forecast on Health & Safety.
Your Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Deliver allocated projects and/or elements of a project, ensuring that they are delivered on time and budget while meeting the quality requirements.
- Manage the assigned work load or projects ensuring effective and efficient working.
- Managing the Health and Safety requirements for each assigned job within areas of responsibility to ensure Xylem fulfils its obligations.
- Managing site engineers and liaising with technical staff.
- Conducting site Health and Safety CHAT toolbox talks and recording Positive Interventions to improve performance during project delivery.
- Effective administration of assigned contracts and/or tasks, throughout the project lifecycle of each project to include execution of contractual claims and dispute resolution.
- Preparing project documentations to include RFQ’s, Project Programmes, Compiling O&M’s, Site ITP’s, RAMS, Training documentation, Project Files and drafting sub-subcontract for subcontract work.
- Ensure that all forecasts & reports are kept up to date
- Maintaining a risk register for all projects and/or tasks allocated, ensuring that all significant risks are escalated to the Senior Project Manager and Delivery Manager.
- Responsible for the financial management and timely reporting on the performance and invoicing of allocated projects.
- Adherence to the Project Management Policy, processes and procedures.
- Collaboratively working other departments, ensuring that we comply with all company requirements, e.g. Finance, Procurement and Logistics.
- Work as Project Engineer under the guidance and in support of the Project Manager/ Senior Project Manager on complex projects
The Profile We Are Searching For:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Wastewater pump stations
- Ability to design and project manage a pump station refurbishment
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Good commercial acumen
- Proven experience of experience of dealing with key customers in a professional manor.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
We are looking forward to your application, let's solve water together!