Process Field Sales Engineer, NorthSales | Any Location - United Kingdom, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire a Field Sales Engineer to develop the Xylem Process Instrumentation, Control & Automation solutions within the Northern Region of the UK, identify key opportunities and grow the sales pipeline through leveraging existing frameworks and winning further frameworks as they are released. The role will involve the demonstration and sale of instrumentation & control solutions to both contractors and directly to end users. It will also include the identification of optimal routes into new markets within the area.
Alongside sales activities, the role will involve the provision of technical support, demonstrations, installations and training both to customers and internally.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background in science, with a relevant education / degree, and proven sales experience selling into the target markets. Plus bring with them knowledge of the market and be comfortable to prospect outside of current customer databases.
Offering all Xylem Instrumentation, Control and Automation (ICA) products and services which specifically include:
- Water Quality, Flow & Level Instrumentation
- Control Panels
- Variable Speed Drives
- Telemetry solutions
- Pump Controllers
- Digital solutions
- Condition Based Monitoring solutions
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
- Development of business created within all Xylem markets (e.g. Water Utilities, Infrastructure, Industry & Building Services as well as Contractors & Consultants for both Product and Service sales
- Pursue sales leads; visit existing and new customers; assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services; respond to customer enquiries; negotiate prices and delivery times within limits of authority; and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets
- Identify, research, and contact prospective customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business
- Identify, develop and manage instrument trials to prove performance against competitors and process improvement potential for customers in order to gain acceptance and ensure specification of Xylem instrumentation within customer standard asset lists
- Refer sales leads, customer feedback, and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization so that they can respond to changing market conditions and customer demands
- Establish annual, quarterly, monthly, or weekly sales plans and prioritize and schedule own activities so these targets are met
- Support Field Sales Engineers across Xylem with technical info, equipment selections and training
- Support service team with installations and commissioning as required
- Run demonstrations, workshops and training sessions for key customer personnel
- Attend exhibitions and conferences to represent Xylem UK
What would you ideally bring to the team?
- At least 3 years working in the Municipal / Infrastructure Sector or adjacent markets.
- At least 3 years working in a Sales position, ideally with a scope around Instrumentation, Control and Automation. Worked in engineering but open to make the move to technical sales? Surprise us with your application!
- Engineering or Business qualification. We are open for someone who has the capability to learn, but already has the strong basics when it comes to ICA/electrical engineering.
- Curious and an open mindset to build relationships, as you will partner with different stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Experience of using a proprietary CRM system (‘Salesforce’ preferable).
- Existing contacts & relationships with relevant Water Company(s), Design Engineers and Key Tier 1 / M&E Contractors (preferable).
- Current or previous membership of relevant industry bodies (e.g. British Water, BPMA) (preferable).
- Full driving license (preferably clean).