Plastics EngineerCollege-University Recruiting | Uniontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Plastics Engineer will be responsible for support of processes related to the Plastics Injection Molding Department.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To support new injection molded part development
- To develop and assist in procurement of new manufacturing processes
- To support existing injection molding manufacturing
- To work as a member on Six Sigma teams
- To ensure safe manufacturing practices
- Assist in the resolution of quality problems
- Aiding in the design, manufacture, and maintenance of mold tooling
- Assisting mold setup personnel in new product tryouts
- Assisting mold setup and Quality Dept. with correcting product defects
- Investigating, specifying and developing new manufacturing processes
- Assisting in the procurement of new technologies and equipment
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Engineering
- 0-4 years of Plastics Injection Molding experience
- Experience in mold design, building, and maintenance of tools
- Machine shop experience preferred
- Experience with Scientific Decoupled Molding
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Moldflow Analysis
- Product Design and Development
- Ability to analyze Engineering drawings and assist mold designers with new mold specifications
- Ability to setup molding process specifications
- Ability to analyze molding defects using various gaging and possess the knowledge to troubleshoot the molding process to correct defects
- Have a working knowledge of ProE and AutoCad
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and with written communications.
- Ability to train others
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.