Monitoring & Controls Service SpecialistOperations | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire a Monitoring & Controls Service Specialist to perform a diversified range of service and sales activities within the Monitoring & Controls Group.
The ideal candidate will support customers and other service staff members by delivering telephone guidance on troubleshooting and installation matters. They will also assist with application questions as potential customers call for recommendations by using basic to mid-level electrical theory, help remotely diagnose and resolve control and instrumentation issues at the customer’s site.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform/ lead field instillations
- Participate in Xylem Watermark Activities.
- Read electrical schematic drawings to determine how to interface automation components.
- Field modifications to existing control panels to accommodate Xylem Monitoring & Controls (M&C) equipment to an exemplary standard.
- Install new control panels.
- Test installations following Xylem, NEC, UL, and any other applicable safety codes / guidelines and / or procedures.
- Mark up schematics (for as built drawings) with field modifications for engineering updates.
- Field Troubleshooting: Provide onsite support to resolve Xylem customer controls issues. Using multi-meter, hand tools and basic to mid-level electrical theory, diagnose and resolve control and instrumentation issues at the customer’s site.
- Conduct Training Seminars: Present M&C equipment operational seminars in a classroom environment. By utilizing multimedia tools, deliver adequate training to both customers and fellow service staff to enable them to take ownership of their Xylem M&C products.
- Support Direct & Distribution M&C Sales: As required, attend customer meetings, work with W&WW sales channels to provide training on the basic fundamentals of the M&C assortment, and attend engineering meetings to provide clarification on controls & telemetry solutions.
- Start Up Assistance: Provide onsite support to help commission Monitoring & Control products. This includes but is not limited to Xylem intelligent Pump Station Managers (iPSM), Pump Controllers, Protection devices, Submersible pumps, Electrical Control Panels and Treatment products.
- General Documentation: Create or edit procedures and best practices related to M&C start-up, installation, troubleshooting, configuration, etc. Perform the required administrative tasks associated with the M&C Service Specialist position (i.e. product improvement requests, product issues notifications, trip reports, customer follow-up communications, time sheets, travel authorizations requests and general filing/ recorded keeping on customer support issues)
- Increase M&C Service Knowledge: Identify and help develop additional M&C service support talent from within the existing US Sales company service groups. Evaluate existing service personnel, establish training plans, assist/conduct classroom training and hands-on experience training, and help perform yearly capability audits.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 2 years Electrical Controls technical training or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in industrial controls applications with a working knowledge of PLCs, telemetry, distributed control networks and industry standard communications protocols
- 5 years equipment maintenance experience in wastewater collection or treatment systems.
- VBSS Greenbelt is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must be highly motivated with strong communications skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work to quality driven standards in a professional and safe manner.
- Working knowledge in water/wastewater processes, including pumping and various treatment equipment
- Treatment focus around disinfection (UV, Ozone), aeration, and filtration
- Thorough understanding of systems troubleshooting and the benefits of establishing solid service practices for the operating and fiscal benefit of the company, distribution, and the end-user.
- Very strong customer focus and interaction to ensure optimum relationships.
- Must have experience with electrical control panels, VFD’s, PLCs, SCADA systems and other electronic systems and instrumentation.
- Up to 75% overnight travel required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Up to 75% overnight travel required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.