Maintenance Technician - Plantwide (Electrical Systems)Operations | Uniontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Plant-wide Maintenance Technician (Electrical Systems) will layout, plan and perform a wide variety of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic maintenance and repair work. Relevant industrial electrical maintenance training and experience is required. Applicants must be available to work all shifts.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Layout, plan and perform a variety of electrical, electronics, hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic maintenance repair work using test and diagnostic equipment such as, PLC programming terminals, calibration instruments, voltage and current meters.
- Investigate and correct control system problems on electrical control systems, hydraulic and pneumatic mechanical systems and programmable controllers.
- Plan and construct a variety of electrical production testing equipment.
- Diagnose and test solutions to correct and repair control systems on a variety of production machinery.
- Maintain and service facilities related electrical control systems and equipment as required.
- Plan and direct installation projects for production equipment. Assist in debug and start-up of new production equipment. Assist with implementing solutions for upgrades and improvements of manufacturing production equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance work order repairs, part requirements used in repair work, production requirements, job starting and stopping times, and testing data as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Required minimum education is the equivalent of four years of a formal relevant apprenticeship or the equivalent in trades training and on-the job experience. A combination of training and experience that includes familiarity with troubleshooting and repairing a wide variety of machinery, equipment, and electrical systems in a manufacturing production environment is preferred. The ability to demonstrate these skills is required.
- Expertise in using PLC programming terminals, calibration meters, electrical test equipment, diagnostics instruments, VOM meters and basic hand tools.
- Requires extensive knowledge of electrical systems and methods and the ability to work from complex drawings, sketches, etc.
- Work associated with this position is highly diversified and will include installation, maintenance, repair, and alteration of a variety of complicated machines, equipment and systems.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to push, pull, squat, lift, climb, bend, use required tools and equipment; and perform all movements associated with maintenance-type work involving facility, manufacturing and equipment repair.
- Daily walking to and from the necessary work area or throughout the manufacturing area is necessary based upon demands of the job.
- Ability and interest to work other shifts, daily and weekend overtime if and when necessary.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Manufacturing plant work environment subject to noises, climate changes, moving equipment and machinery.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours; daily and weekend overtime may be required.
- The plant work environment is a typical manufacturing environment with moving machinery/equipment, concrete floors, and temperature fluctuations due to climate and seasonal changes where not environmentally controlled.
- Protective eyewear, safety toe shoes and other personal protective equipment required.
- Hearing protection required in some areas due to machinery and factory-related noise.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.