Inventory AnalystOperations | Auburn, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Analyze Inventory planning and storage, accuracy and movement, in and between all focus factories and warehouses. Work with inventory control, purchasing, receiving, manufacturing, and shipping departments. Learn and understand inventory practices throughout the organization.
Help develop improvements in inventory control procedures and best practices. Identify root cause of material issues through data collection and analysis, drive corrective actions and process improvements to ensure inventory accuracy and efficient material flow throughout entire material planning and handling processes.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze and help solve inventory system settings.
- Track and analyze cycle count & inventory data to identify trends, root cause, and participate in corrective action.
- Track raw material, finished goods, and E&O inventories for shortages, overages, and waste.
- Help develop data metrics to drive improvements and cost savings opportunities.
- Help reduce E&O through cross-functional review.
- Provide reports and results of data analysis to senior management.
- Other duties and Projects as assigned.
- Participate in an environment focused on continuous improvement & teamwork as it relates to material planning and control.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills, willingness and interest to develop further.
- Problem solving skills: an interest and ability to collect and analyze data, identify trends, and prepare to solve them.
- Ability to work under pressure and still maintain ideal disposition towards work.
- Ability to work well with a cross functional team of all levels, and the open mindedness to recognize there’s something to learn from every one of them.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.