EHS&S CoordinatorOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire an Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Sustainability (EHS&S) Coordinator. This position reports to the Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Sustainability (EHS&S) Manager to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local Environmental Safety & Health regulations & guidelines, to provide effective periodic training to site employees, to identify and work to prioritize and eliminate workplace hazards and environmental/sustainability activities plus act as the backup to the EHS&S Manager.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local EHS standards and ensure company policies and procedures comply. This includes coordinating with Upper Management, Engineering, and Facilities to achieve target goals.
- Monitor Facility and processes for adherence to OSHA/EPA/DOH/DOL & Local permits & guidelines including performance communication to the site workforce.
- Ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of safety regulations, postings and compliance with licensing, permits, reports & legally required posters.
- Perform and oversee the monthly compliance audits with Managers and Supervisors.
- Engage in incident root cause analysis striving to eliminate workplace hazards and environmental impacts in order to eliminate future incidents.
- Administer required EHS training and maintain associated documentation according to regulatory requirements.
- Recommend and implement methods to improve the safety & environmental programs and processes.
- Administer the Concern Reporting program and drive timely implemented actions closure.
- Be an Active participant/facilitator on the Safety Committee.
- Assist in driving EHS compliance and activities at the Ductile Iron foundry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide New Hire Orientation.
- Conduct periodic Safety Training and documentation per the Safety Training matrix.
- Coordinate contracted training (Hearing Tests, Arc-Flash, PIV, etc.).
- Monitor Contracts & Contractor Safety with Pre-Job Safety reviews, Hot Work Permits, LOTO, Confined Space permitting.
- Identify & Lead Near Miss investigations including Root Cause analysis.
- Create & update Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Track Safety Concerns & Actions to completion.
- Perform Monthly audits as assigned.
- Assist Engineering with SOP development.
- Assist with EHSMS policies, procedures, forms annual review and implementation/communication of changes.
- Assure permit compliance and periodic regulatory agency submissions.
- Attend Management of Change meetings & assure Safety aspects are fully considered prior to MOC approval.
- Backup for Crisis Management.
- Provide Safety mentoring to new employees during the On-The-Job training phase.
- Identify, label, mitigate and provide methods to eliminate pinch points, cut & puncture points, line-of-fire issues etc.
- Manage & oversee Maintenance Employee hot work and confined space permitting and Non-standard activities with Facilities.
- Perform scheduled inspection of Confined Space & Fall Protection equipment and vendor audits.
- Management of Slings, Chains, Below the Hook & rigging equipment in conjunction with Maintenance and 3rd party inspections.
- Attend EHS safety calls & meetings
- Inspect & replenish Spill Equipment throughout the plant.
- Manage Sustainability projects to achieve site goals.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrable Safety Experience
- Environmental experience or experience equivalent
- MS Office Suite experience
- Demonstrable Public Speaking skills
- Professional certifications such as OHST or ASP.
- Full time Environment, Safety, and Health experience.
- Ability to communicate with courage & candor regarding site significant safety activities or issues.
- Safety Committee leadership (past or present).
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs. Heavy parts raised to position with chain hoist
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Work hours may keep individual after hours or be required to work weekends based on production demand and schedule.
- Will be required to work between two facilities in Texas (Lubbock and Slaton).
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.