Customer Support Team LeaderSales | Quenington, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Overview of the role
The Customer Support Team Leader assists the Customer Support Manager with all aspects of managing the department including entry of orders, invoicing and coordinating shipping paperwork for dispatch, maintaining accurate sales and shipping records throughout and providing appropriate information to customers. Furthermore this role assists in the coordination of the sales function with other departments within the business and acts as Customer Support Manager in their absence.
- Support and assist in the entry of orders onto the company’s ERP systems,
- Support and assist in the invoicing on company’s ERP systems
- Support and assist in arranging of transport for customers,
- Support and assist with the Broker Management,
- Support the Issue Manage and Quality process within department
- Support and assist in Information flow and paperwork to customers,
- Support and assist in export certificates of shipment for company records,
- Support and assist in documentation in compliance of export regulations, requirements of the customer and internal procedures,
- Support and assist in the authorization of freight invoices,
- Support and assist to ensure customer satsfaction at all times
- Act as coordinator between the sales department and the other departments of the business,
- Support Customer Support Manager with the audit and compliance accountability,
- Be responsible for the safety of yourself and others that you work with,
- Play an active role in the development and continued improvement of safety performance within your department,
- Act as a role model and set the standards that the company expect all staff to adopt.
In addition to the above, the performance of other related duties may be required.
The required skills/education/qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills,
- Team leader and people management skills
- Strong mathematical ability (to minimum high GCSE),
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines,
- Good spoken and written English,
- Languages useful (not essential),
- Accounts experience useful,
- Good communication and negotiation skills,
- Analytical and problem solving skills on which to make decisions,
- Broker Management and Compliance accountability,
- Understanding of Inco terms and shipping regulations, import and export procedures and compliance (not essential).
- Organization skills
- Attention to detail,
- Care and accuracy,
- Management skills,
- Analytical and problem solving skills,
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Excited? Apply now and let's solve water together!